Texas Fishing Forum

IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM!

Posted By: Lovfldx

IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/14/14 03:17 AM

They bit from about 9:30 AM to about 11 AM. They wanted a chartreuse/red crappie tube, on a 1/32 nd. oz. UNPAINTED jig head. They were bedding in water from 6 inches to 6 ft. No need for live bait. All of them were greenies, and all between 8 and 10 inches each. Eggs and milt still in some of em. Great dinnner!

A 10 incher! sorry about the pic quality.

DINNER!

Ultralight gear, 6 lb trilene xl, 6 ft Berkley Cherrywood Rod, Quantam optix 10 UL reel. No bobber, just cast, let sink to bottom(remember they are ON the beds), and reel in slow but steady. You can see the jig in fish's mouths in some pics. Also if you look close, you can see some red pinchers from some good sized crawdads. That is the steady diet of the big bass in this pond, and why the greenies get pretty good sized.

Lots of hydilla and clear water. Very nice fishing hole on the edge of Las Colinas, near Coppell.

Then i moved on to the Elm Fork looking for a few Mr. Whiskers. Two hours in very South Texas'ish humidity almost did me in until i got a hold of this beauty:

Rudy
Posted By: TxHunt

Re: IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/14/14 04:17 AM

Nice catch! Time for fishies to take a grease bath food
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/14/14 05:27 AM

Awesome Catch! cheers Good job. thumb

We hit the night spots a couple of weeks ago and did super good on the Bluegill! rockon
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/14/14 08:15 AM

Nicely done! smile
Posted By: ckwilson25

Re: IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/14/14 11:32 AM

Good show! That is one pretty stringer right there. thumb
Posted By: Ketchn

Re: IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/14/14 11:42 AM

KABOOM thumb
Posted By: dafanman

Re: IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/14/14 12:48 PM

coolphotos............Nice catch cheers
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/14/14 01:51 PM

Those are some fatties. Nice catch.

Re: IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/14/14 02:43 PM

Thanks guys. Very rare for me to even fish for sunnies during the day. Usually fish for them betwe en 10 pm and midnight on full moon cycles
Posted By: metalmike

Re: IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/14/14 07:41 PM

Greenie action...........nice. clap
Posted By: Laker One

Re: IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/19/14 12:42 AM

Nice Catch! thumb Hitting some night spots this weekend. woot

Re: IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/19/14 12:46 AM

Good luck Laker One! Wish I could go but I gotta work this weekend
Posted By: Laker One

Re: IN A FULL MOON PHASE, SUNNIES IN FULL BLOWN SPAWN, AND I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO DEEP NIGHT TO GET EM! - 06/19/14 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Lovfldx
Good luck Laker One! Wish I could go but I gotta work this weekend

I know the feeling quite well about working weekends. This is the first weekend I have had off in a long time! Gonna take full advantage of it. fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum