Texas Fishing Forum

State Record Longear!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 07:49 PM

Just received the certificate today from the Texas Parks&Wildlife on a State (Other Method) Longear record. Two weeks ago I had the chance to fish a spring fed section of the West Nueces River which holds some HUGE Longear. Needless to say I went armed with my Bamboo type cane pole,a box of worms, and caught a few of these beauties. One of the fish was 7.30" in length with a girth of 7.50". The certified weight of the fish was .50 lbs which was just good enough to get the State Other Method Record for the Longear. This fish easily broke the previous record. I am just amazed how big those fish can get on those spring fed bodies of water. The first fish is the one submitted for the record. The other two were fish caught. All fish including the record fish were released.

Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 08:17 PM

Congratulations Chuck on yet another nice Record. cheers Those Longear are Huge. Did you get em on that last ranch you were able to fish at. Also did you use a float or bottom technique. Again Nice Fish and Congrats on the Record. woot woot

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 08:29 PM

Thanks "Gitter". I used a bottom technique. That water is so clear a float would have scared em off. I just put the worm over a weed bed and watched it slowly float to the bottom. Those fish would nail it before it got to the bottom. Also the fight on a cane pole was a blast. A super time in West Texas.

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 08:33 PM

Thanks Again Chuck. Let me know when you are heading back to Amistad. I had fished that lake a lot years ago. Keep up the good work and keep having fun! fish

Posted By: dafanman

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 08:48 PM

Very nice Chuck and congratulations for once again raising the bar for all of us, and catching some mighty fine fish thumb cheers thumb

Posted By: The Rionator

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 08:54 PM

congrats chuck! great looking fish

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 08:59 PM

Thanks Chuck.

Posted By: jagg

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 09:01 PM

Great job Chuck! cheers That's some beautiful country out there that the Nueces and West Nueces flows through. You're right about those spring fed waters too. Get's no better than catching bream and bass while wading on a clear, spring fed stream with beautiful scenery all around you.

Once again, Great record and report Chuck!

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 09:07 PM

Thanks Robert, "Gitter" (Mid March Amistad again)! "Rionator" and "Jag".

"Rionator" Those are the same type we were getting on that creek in Bracketville.

"Jag" You are so right. That part of west Texas is some of Gods Country. You are out there in the middle of know where. The only noise you hear is the birds and running water. You ought to see the deer and turkey that come up on you while you are fishing. fish

Robert. A lot of those records are made for the taking. I am just having a blast fishing. banana

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 09:18 PM

Hey Chuck did you check out the State Record for Rod&Reel Longear. That is a monster. taz Who would believe a 12 inch 1.14 pound Longear. nuts freak Of course look where it was caught. Lake Austin! fish

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 09:32 PM

I simply can not imagine a 12" over one pound Longear! noidea I know that both Lake Austin and the Lady Bird Lake have very clear water and that springs feed into those lakes as well. It does not surprise me at all that some Giant Fish are in those two bodies of water!. thumb

Side Note: I would love to see a 12" Longear! cheers

Posted By: TuN3R

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 10:07 PM

Congrats chuck.

Posted By: Aquatic Ash

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 10:08 PM

Chuck, congratulations!!! you are a record machine!
flehan flehan flehan flehan flehan flehan

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 10:14 PM

Thanks "Tun3R" and "Ash". There is some fun going after some of those records but most important is having fun getting em. I also enjoy when others get a record cheers and also break one of mine bang which happens often! taz One thing is for certain I just love to fish for a simple fish. fish

Posted By: kingtrout

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 11:00 PM

Great Catch! Grats on the record fish! =)

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 11:12 PM

Thanks "Kingtrout" for the reply and welcome To the Texas Fishing Forum. Glad to have you on board! fish

Posted By: The Rionator

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 11:15 PM

"I also enjoy when others get a record and also break one of mine which happens often! One thing is for certain I just love to fish for a simple fish."

Amen to that that is what makes YOU a great angler

Posted By: USMC_Guy

Re: State Record Longear! - 11/30/11 11:51 PM

Way to go Chuck! Couldn't happen to a better guy.
bow_down

Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan

Re: State Record Longear! - 12/01/11 02:16 AM

Congratz there Chuck!!!! Do yall think TPW just keeps Chucks name on a copy/paste status... Wow another State record fish what an outstanding fisherman!!!!

Re: State Record Longear! - 12/01/11 03:20 AM

Thanks again Fred and thanks Mike and Kent for your replies. Ending 2011 with a bang. I can only hope that 2012 is going to be as good. fish

Posted By: Peytonator

Re: State Record Longear! - 12/01/11 04:42 AM

Damn man awesome Longear! TPWD ought to have your info memorized by now with all the records you get!!

Re: State Record Longear! - 12/01/11 06:37 AM

Thanks Peyton for the reply. I have spoken over the phone many of time to those guys. They are super. I have gotten some very good information from records to fish I.d. they are some super guys. cheers

Posted By: TuN3R

Re: State Record Longear! - 12/01/11 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: The Texas 'Gillinator
Damn man awesome Longear! TPWD ought to have your info memorized by now with all the records you get!!

LoL i won't get surprised when fish will start to recognize his lines.

Posted By: Dfitz

Re: State Record Longear! - 12/01/11 03:50 PM

WTG! Well done sir!

Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: State Record Longear! - 12/01/11 04:48 PM

Way to go Banker!!! That's another one under your belt!! smile

Great fish and what a great way for it and the fisherman that caught it to be recognized! smile

Re: State Record Longear! - 12/02/11 04:24 AM

Thanks "Dfitz" and Urban Fisher for the replies. I love fishing the West Texas Area. Believe me it takes about 200 fish to get just one record. hooked

Posted By: Laker One

Re: State Record Longear! - 12/03/11 03:24 PM

bow_down "FANTASTIC"! Keep up the great fishing! cheers

Posted By: Wadefishing

Re: State Record Longear! - 12/03/11 03:56 PM

Congrats on another record. Good job! cheers

Posted By: Don Morey

Re: State Record Longear! - 12/03/11 09:41 PM

bow_down

WTG Chuck!

Re: State Record Longear! - 12/04/11 07:04 AM

Thanks Guys for the replies. It is something about how fish change in certain areas. noidea

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum