Texas Fishing Forum

Mason Creekin'

Posted By: Peytonator

Mason Creekin' - 09/23/11 08:59 PM

Finally got to catch a little break from studying and doing homework all the time and hit Mason Creek after class today. Didn't take too many pictures. All in all caught 7 Rios, 3 Longear, a Bass, and probably around 30 Bluegills. Caught em on Berkley Minnows and Eagle Claw Trout Crawlers.

These are the Eagle Claw Trout Crawlers in case if you haven't heard of em.

I picked em up while browsing at a Gander Mtn I stopped by on my way back from Lake Conroe once and just found them again in my tackle collection lol. It's always a treat refinding tackle you bought awhile back, it's like buying em all over again hammer Anyways, they're alot like the Berkley Trout Worms but I thought the fact that they also had red flake in em was cool and the fish seemed to like em as well.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/23/11 09:52 PM

coolphotos Sounds like you got into em. Nice Catch! Also very nice Rio! cheers
Posted By: Urban Fisher

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/23/11 10:32 PM

Great report LR. Those are the best kind of breaks! Glad you got to catch a bunch.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/23/11 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Urban Fisher
Great report LR. Those are the best kind of breaks! Glad you got to catch a bunch.

Totally agree! I don't know of any better way of taking a break and relaxing! fish

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/23/11 11:11 PM

Thanks guys! It was sure was a great way to get my mind off school for awhile woot I'm now at a Astros(lastros) game then headed out to East Texas after class tomorrow. It will definitely be an awesome relaxing weekend thumb
Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/23/11 11:11 PM

Glad you finally got to fish some. Really pretty fish and lots of them. GET OUT MORE OFTEN LOL!!!!

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/24/11 04:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Aransas Hooligan
GET OUT MORE OFTEN LOL!!!!

You're tellin me! Maybe you can come down here and explain to my professors how they've made me anti-social and trapped in my own house! hammer
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/24/11 04:26 AM

Get that degree and a good job and you will be able to fish a lot more! Remember hard work pays off and good things happen when you are fishing. fish
Posted By: dafanman

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/24/11 04:28 AM

Good for you Lunker, you ought to be fully recharged when you get back to class, nice fish you caught there thumb

Laterz,
dafanman cool

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/24/11 04:34 AM

Thanks Chuck and Robert I appreciate the kind comments! cheers

Chuck I certainly am trying my best, hopefully I can transfer to SFA after getting my basics done and Master in Forestry/Wildlife Management so I can get a job where I'm paid to be outdoors all the time banana
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/24/11 05:49 AM

Nice catch and a fine report! cheers I know the feeling about needing a break. Between two jobs and school I still find some time to fish! fish

How do you like those trout baits? I usually use the Berkley Power Worms. I see the ones you have are scented. Can you tell if that works? hmmm
Posted By: Don Morey

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/26/11 04:42 AM

Good report. So how did you rig those trout worms?

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/27/11 06:28 PM

Thanks Laker One and Darkside Don!

LO - So far so good with the trout crawlers, they seem to have a pretty good action in the water and I think the red flake gives em a little extra "umph". Although I don't think the scent makes a huge difference if at all.

DD - I'd just thread them on the hook and bury the point in the worm like you would a live nightcrawler. And when they start to tear up you can wacky rig em and that'll catch fish too! If I remember right the wacky rig is what most of the Rios bit when I used em at Mason Creek.

Posted By: Don Morey

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/27/11 08:15 PM

thumb Thanks

Posted By: Laker One

Re: Mason Creekin' - 09/28/11 05:48 AM

Thanks "LR"! I may just try em. I love the Berkley Power Worms. I have gotten some very good results with em. It never hurts to try new baits. hmmm

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum