Texas Fishing Forum

Salado Morning Bite On fire!.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/18/11 11:26 PM

Myself and Robert aka the "Dfanman" hit the Salado Creek this morning and the morning bite was on fire. We fished from 7:30 a.m. till 11:30 a.m. We caught 9 Bass between 10 and 14 inches in length, 10 Warmouth between 7 and 8 inches, several Redbreast in the 7 inch range, some Blue Gills in the 6 to 7 inch range and a lot of Longear in the 5 to 7 inch range. Fish were caught in 2 to 3 feet of water using worms. All fish were released. We took a break and had lunch at the Smoke House off of Rigsby. We then hit the Leon Creek and the bite was slow. Only caught two small Gills. Robert had a 25 to 27 inch Gar hit his bait and the fish got off just as Robert was getting it in. We both had several other gar hits but could not get em hooked. We then went back to the Salado and the bite never turned back on. We left at 5:00 p.m. and had only caught six other fish which were Gills and Longears. Still a super day on the Salado.

Please excuse the picture contrast. The protective film was left on the lens while the pictures were being taken! hammer

Posted By: TuN3R

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/18/11 11:28 PM

awesome reports banker smile Keep them coming .

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 12:09 AM

Thanks "Tun3R"! Maybe one of these days will run into you on one of these San Antonio Creeks. fish
Posted By: TuN3R

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks "Tun3R"! Maybe one of these days will run into you on one of these San Antonio Creeks. fish

I am pretty sure we will be meeting soon enough :P Heard a lots of good thing about you from cliff haha :P
Posted By: neal_david50

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 12:41 AM

I love the looks of that warmouth!!

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 12:47 AM

Thanks "Neal_David 50". The Salado Creek has some beautiful Warmouth. They seem to stay fat and healthy in that creek. thumb
Posted By: dhogdog

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 03:02 AM

Awesome fish guys! Way to go. I am glad the fish were biting for you guys in the a.m. Those are some nice pics. Thanks for all of the pics.

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 03:19 AM

Thanks "Dhogdog" Camera is new and I just now realized that I had the protective film on the lens. hammer Next batch of pictures will be a whole lot better. juggle
Posted By: dafanman

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 03:29 AM

Had another outstanding day fishing in the texas heat, we managed that with plenty of hydration, an abundance of shade, the chill tie's and a nice mid day break for lunch.

Too bad banker we couldnt land any of those gar as hard as they were attacking the bait they just could not find the hook nuts

Here are some of the pic's I snapped today:

[img:center][/img] [img:center][/img] [img:center][/img] [img:center][/img] [img:center][/img]

Banker, thanks again bud for another outstanding trip cheers

Laterz,
dafanman cool
Posted By: dhogdog

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 03:32 AM

Dafanman as always, those are some nice pics. I thin you are going to have to show me a trick or 2 on taking pics. Sounds like you and BAF tore them up (and i don't mean the ribs either). By the way, how was the barbecue at that restaurant?

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 04:05 AM

coolphotos As always Robert. I will have much better ones next time since I took of the protective film off of the lens just now. bang Had a blast Robert. Would have loved it if you would have gotten that gar you fought.

"Dhogdog" The food at the Smoke House was fantastic and the prices are good also. Would highly recommend! food Robert may have something to add.

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 04:14 AM

dhogdog: Thanks for the compliments on the pics.. the food was pretty good, the place was clean and the staff was on top of their jobs and very polite. You should give them a try sometime, be prepared to wait in line during lunch time, they have alot of repeat business.

Banker: sorry your pics were masked as it were, its going to be night and day difference when you take your next set thumb

Laterz,
dafanman cool
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 04:45 AM

coolphotos Great job "Banker" and the "Dfanman". What kind of bait were you using on the Gar? Also how were you fishing for em? Love the Warmouth. woot
Posted By: Peytonator

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 06:07 AM

Awesome job guys thanks for the report! cheers

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 10:12 AM

Thanks "Laker One" and "LR". "Laker One" Robert was using Pepperoni slices and I was using worms. We were fishing with floats. The Gar would swim right up to the float and then grab the bait. It was a sight to see. eeks

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 09:01 PM

Pepperoni hammer I guess if a fish is hungry they will eat just about anything. hooked I figured a piece of cut shad or a live minnow would do wonders. nuts Anyway super job as always. Keep up the good post. fish

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/19/11 11:08 PM

Laker One,

Pepperoni slice is what I caught the 10.5lb cat at Windcrest with woot

Laterz,
dafanman cool

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/20/11 01:26 AM

Thanks. I guess I will still stick with the good old Shad! fish
Posted By: edwinfeaster

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/20/11 02:31 AM

once school starts back up,we should be rockin and rollin again! see u and dafanman at the "honey holes soon! great job guys! cheers

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/20/11 02:56 AM

Edwin,

Looking forward to it thumb

Laterz,
dafanman cool

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/20/11 05:22 AM

cheers Can't wait Ed! Call anytime. fish
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/20/11 04:27 PM

Great job Chuck and Robert. cheers To bad the afternoon bite was not on. Also love reading about the gar. fish

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/21/11 06:02 AM

Thanks "Gitter". That is just part of fishing. Sometimes they are there and other times nothing. You just have to find em. peep
Posted By: SF2fan

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/21/11 08:16 PM

sounds like you guys had a ton of fun in the AM.

Re: Salado Morning Bite On fire!. - 08/21/11 09:31 PM

Thanks "SF2fan" sent you a Pm reference your message. Hope you do well fishing the Salado. Give us a report on how you do. fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum