Texas Fishing Forum

FCL Blues

Posted By: Vogey

FCL Blues - 11/29/22 03:12 AM

The last 2 weeks have been really slow for me with todays count being 10 bass & 4 sunfish...Last week was 14 bass & 16 sunfish. All fish have been small. The water temps are running in the low to mis 60s on most areas with the discharge being mid 70s. Talked to the local expert and guide & he explained the brownish tea colored water in some areas being dead plankton. Guess it will take some time to get back to normal. Anyway, the weather was nice & there's no place I'd rather be than on the water...Here is a few pics... [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: FCL Blues - 11/29/22 05:11 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job Steve. thumb
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: FCL Blues - 11/29/22 07:39 PM

You caught some nice ones Vogey thumb
Posted By: gar1970

Re: FCL Blues - 11/29/22 07:51 PM

Those 14 fish you caught were the hold outs. You've already caught every other fish in FCL this year hooked
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: FCL Blues - 11/30/22 02:08 AM

Nice fish. I hope the tea colored water isn’t a golden algae bloom. Those can be really bad.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: FCL Blues - 12/01/22 02:39 AM

I fished it last week a couple times, the first day I sucked and only caught 15 or so. The next time out I adjusted based on where I was seeing the bait and crushed them, 60 fish or so. All I had to do was change how I typically fish the lake and follow the bait. I don’t think anything is wrong other than the fish have changed for whatever reason, we just have to change with em.

Re: FCL Blues - 12/01/22 03:42 AM

Thanks Chuck,Yesenia,Leo & Barry.

Minner...You give me hope ! How deep were u finding the bait balls ? There wasn't much to be seen in the places I typically fish ...& I spent quite a bit of time searching...

Re: FCL Blues - 12/01/22 04:04 PM

I found most of the bait in 25-40 ft, hardly any in the 10-15 ft range. Of course, this time of year things are changing daily seems like.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: FCL Blues - 12/01/22 06:13 PM

Bass and Bluegills. Good job Vogey.

Re: FCL Blues - 12/02/22 02:38 AM

Something else I saw, 3 of the larger bass I caught had a fish tail sticking out of their throat. The tail wasn’t forked like a gizzard and were good sized, so I’m thinking they were blue gill or small tilapia.

Re: FCL Blues - 12/02/22 03:06 AM

Minner...How big were your biggest fish ? Can't tell you how many times I have had to clear tilapia out of the throats of bass out there. Also, were you catching most of your fish in 25 feet & deeper ?
Inquiring minds need to know... smile

Looking at the photo, the tilapia tail looks flat, so the ones you caught must have had sunfish inside... [Linked Image]
Posted By: Amistad Tackle

Re: FCL Blues - 12/03/22 05:43 PM

I fished yesterday in the overcast and it was less than stellar. Caught the majority of the 30 or so fish we caught shallow, but the moving bait bite was terrible. Fished some deep offshore spots and nothing. Lots of good shallow grass, but the fish weren't cooperating.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: FCL Blues - 12/04/22 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Minner...How big were your biggest fish ? Can't tell you how many times I have had to clear tilapia out of the throats of bass out there. Also, were you catching most of your fish in 25 feet & deeper ?
Inquiring minds need to know... smile

Looking at the photo, the tilapia tail looks flat, so the ones you caught must have had sunfish inside... [Linked Image]

Boy that bass was hungry! Cool pic Vogey thumb

Re: FCL Blues - 12/04/22 02:09 PM

Thanks Amistad...

Yesenia...Looks like a classic case of "Eyes bigger than stomach"... smile

Re: FCL Blues - 12/04/22 02:10 PM

Thanks Amistad...

Yesenia...Looks like a classic case of "Eyes bigger than stomach"... smile
Posted By: Laker One

Re: FCL Blues - 12/05/22 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Pot licker