Texas Fishing Forum

Mcqueeney Bluegill Report!

Posted By: Laker One

Mcqueeney Bluegill Report! - 06/12/22 01:58 PM

The Bluegill are alive and well on Lake Mcqueeney. Fished the lake twice this week with my friend Jeff. Fished from kayaks and found nice numbers of good quality fish in both dock slips 7 to 10 feet of water and in coves 4 to 6 feet of water. Gulp Alive Leaches using a drop shop technique got the job done. Fish were in the 7 to 9 inch range and all of them were healthy and fat. We fished from 7am till 11am and caught well over 50 nice fish each trip. Boat traffic started to pick-up around 10am. Prior to that, only saw a few bass boats. Jeff took some of the catch home for the dinner table. Most fish were released. Rounding out the catch were several bass in the 2 to 4 pound range and a nice Channel Cat in the 5 pound range. A great couple days on Lake Mcqueeney! coolio
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Mcqueeney Bluegill Report! - 06/12/22 05:09 PM

Nice Curtis...Any Pics ? Looking forward to next year when Dunlap is set to re-open...
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Mcqueeney Bluegill Report! - 06/12/22 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Nice Curtis...Any Pics ? Looking forward to next year when Dunlap is set to re-open...

Did not bother to take any pictures. Jeff however took some pictures of a couple fish he had caught. As for Dunlap, I am also very excited on Next years opening. How soon the fish make a comeback is anyone's guess. Any idea noidea
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Mcqueeney Bluegill Report! - 06/12/22 10:44 PM

Probably a few years to get really good.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Mcqueeney Bluegill Report! - 06/13/22 12:45 AM

Nice post Curtis. Good job guys. I will be fishing Mcqueeney this week! thumb

Side Note: Like Steve said. A few years to get good as for Lake Dunlap. hmmm
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Mcqueeney Bluegill Report! - 06/23/22 10:26 PM

Love those Mcqueeney post. Good job guys.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum