Texas Fishing Forum

Wind Surfers (FCL 4/18/22)

Posted By: Vogey

Wind Surfers (FCL 4/18/22) - 04/19/22 02:43 PM

Fished FCL yesterday...1st half day solo & 2nd half day with Alan (aka Choclabdog, aka The Knot Master) Wind was no fun & blew pretty steady all day from around 10 mpg with gusts to 15 mph. The 1st half of the day I did a lot of exploring for sunfish activity in various areas of the lake. The wind made it hard to fish all the spots I wanted, but bottom line is that I did not find any action in any spots other than the one located last week. Most of the afternoon we fished for bass, with about a 30 minute stretch when we hit the sunnies. All in all we ended up with around 50 bass & 25 sunfish. Most of the bass were caught on Ned Rig, Carolina Rig & Slider Rig setups, and the sunfish were caught on Gulp Alive Minnows. I also hooked a big Gar somehow & it put up a great fight until it went airborne & thankfully threw the hook. Overall fun day despite the wind... [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: thrashfish

Re: Wind Surfers (FCL 4/18/22) - 04/19/22 03:43 PM

WHAT'S THIS SLIDER RIG THAT YOU SPEAK OF? NICE LOOKING SUNNIES BTW!

Re: Wind Surfers (FCL 4/18/22) - 04/19/22 04:54 PM

Thrash...It's basically a flattish weighted jig head that is more weedless than Nedrigs...If you google it you can see pictures & the various sizes etc...yesterday I used a 1/4 oz. Slider Rig with a 4" Yum Dinger that is basically rigged Texas Rig style.
Posted By: big red dog

Re: Wind Surfers (FCL 4/18/22) - 04/19/22 07:30 PM

Charlie Brewer WSH series Ultra Snagless Slider Head. Bass Pro lists them as "pro". They have a heavier duty Mustad hook instead of the thin wire standard model. You almost can't snag the 1/16 size and it gives a finesse worm a great swimming action.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Wind Surfers (FCL 4/18/22) - 04/20/22 01:22 PM

The Fayette Gang strikes again. Solid post and solid fish. Good job guys. rockon

Side Note: The spawn is on Steve! I have been catching plenty of Bluegill showing off their colors. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Wind Surfers (FCL 4/18/22) - 04/24/22 04:57 PM

coolphotos Love those Fayette Slabs. Good job guys.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Wind Surfers (FCL 4/18/22) - 04/25/22 12:47 AM

Great post Vogey! Did you notice the star on the side of this coppernose
[Linked Image]

Re: Wind Surfers (FCL 4/18/22) - 04/25/22 02:11 AM

Thanks Curtis & Yesenia...I did not notice the star...must be a Cowboys fan roflmao
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Wind Surfers (FCL 4/18/22) - 05/01/22 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
coolphotos Love those Fayette Slabs. Good job guys.

Totally Agree!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum