Texas Fishing Forum

Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22)

Posted By: Vogey

Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/10/22 03:54 AM

Have I mentioned that I hate cold weather...Froze again this morning...improper clothing...Next winter I am going to be better prepared with a cold weather outfit...like a bib or something. Water temp was 58 degrees when I launched & air temp was 38...Wind was pretty stiff outa the north as well. Last year at this same time water temp was in the high 60s...Oh yea...the fishing. Caught 17 in the morning from 8-12 & 35 in the pm from noon til 5, for a total of 52. Bass were very active between 3:30 & 5 pm. All fish caught in the timber was on Culprit 7.5" worms & all bass caught in the pm at various spots was caught on Ned Rig z-man various colors. Fished 4 different areas today & found bass at each location. No bass over 5 lbs. today, but 2 came real close. The big sickly looking bass (bottom right) in the collage had the creature bait & hook stuck in its throat...it actually hit on a swimbait & was the only fish I caught on a swimbait all day...guess it was pretty hungry. Did surgery & swam off like it could survive. Cant wait for sunfish season. The countdown is on. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/10/22 05:06 AM

Yet another solid post and solid fish. Good job Steve! thumb
Posted By: Strat-a-Caster

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/10/22 12:48 PM

Love this! Great work Steve. You need to get you some warmer clothes haha. Freezing on the water is relentless, no places to hide out there! Great post yet again.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/10/22 01:16 PM

Excellent post and pics! The master of Fayette strikes again hooked

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/11/22 03:16 PM

Thanks Chuck, Leo & Stratton...I do plan on getting some warmer clothes but will probably wait til next winter...

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/11/22 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Thanks Chuck, Leo & Stratton...I do plan on getting some warmer clothes but will probably wait til next winter...

Good idea! I think this latest cold blast will be last major one of the year. Just my two cents. 2cents
Posted By: jonboatfishing

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/12/22 11:15 PM

Nice fish Steve
My golf playing partner Don (Nod when the other guy shows up and plays bad) LOL, were on the lake Thursday the 10th around 12:30 and fished a few hours. The bite was slow but we still managed to catch some large mouth. I believe the sunfish were stacking up around the beds cause I could see them on my livescope although I didn't have any bait with me to entice them. My sunfish fishing buddy (Robert) and I can't wait to start hitting those little guys. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/13/22 01:55 AM

Those are some nice ones Zane...can u share what u were catching thenon or is it a secret ? juggle
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/13/22 02:26 AM

Awesome post and pics Vogey! cheers
Posted By: jonboatfishing

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/13/22 04:36 PM

Thanks Steve
The fish in the second picture was caught on the east side of dam in about 12' of water. He was almost 5lbs and was caught with ned rig. Same place I've caught sunfiish in the past. There is no bed in this particular location.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/13/22 09:30 PM

Nice post and fish. Will not belong until we start seeing those Fayette Bluegill!
Posted By: Atxguy

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/15/22 08:38 PM

Nice job Vogey!!! We were there the next day and had good success. Water was a little warmer (61-62) and the afternoon bite produced better quality fish. Thought we had double a digit bass - turned out to be double digits but the wrong species lol. Hoping for big day tomorrow if the wind behaves. Stay safe!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/15/22 08:54 PM

Ha...Nice ones Scott...those whiskery guys can sure put up a fight...that one looks like she is full of eggs & ready to pop...

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/15/22 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Atxguy
Nice job Vogey!!! We were there the next day and had good success. Water was a little warmer (61-62) and the afternoon bite produced better quality fish. Thought we had double a digit bass - turned out to be double digits but the wrong species lol. Hoping for big day tomorrow if the wind behaves. Stay safe!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Nice fish! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Cold Water ! (FCL 3/9/22) - 03/20/22 10:02 PM

Great post Vogey and some coolphotos posted. Will not belong until the Bluegill get going! rockon
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum