Texas Fishing Forum

PSA Walmart

Posted By: Flags

PSA Walmart - 02/19/22 02:48 PM

Yesterday I was driving from Amarillo to Athens. As I always do I hit the Walmarts I drive by to see what kind of ammo they have since ammo has been hard to find. Didn't have any luck on ammo but one of the Walmarts has a clearance barrel full of fishing rods. I grabbed this one:
[Linked Image]

Shakespeare Ultra Lite graphite rod. 5 1/2 feet long. Cost me $5. You may want to see if your local store is doing the same thing.

I am putting the tube out on Athens either today or tomorrow depending on weather. Don't really expect to catch much but I bought a small fish finder made especially for float tubes and I want to try it out. Maybe able to find some crappie but it is at least 3 weeks too early for them to be in the spots I normally catch them.

Cheers Y'All
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: PSA Walmart - 02/19/22 03:28 PM

Can't go wrong with a Walmart Clearance Sale. Nice Rod! thumb
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: PSA Walmart - 02/19/22 04:52 PM

I bought to of those rods on clearance from Walmart a few years ago. The ones I have are 7ft ultra-lights and I paid $10 piece. They are my favorite bluegill rods because I can toss a tiny jig a long way with them.
Posted By: JCBfromTHF

Re: PSA Walmart - 02/19/22 10:27 PM

Thats a dang good deal! Most people laugh at Shakespear but I have that same Micro Series rod in a 1 piece 4'-6" model and used it all day today. Put about 45 Sandbass and Crappie in the boat with it on jigs. Lord knows I have plenty of more expensive rods but when I am using 4lb test that rod is by far my favorite. They also make a blue one that is identical but just a different color. I would have bought every one they had at that price.
Posted By: Flags

Re: PSA Walmart - 02/19/22 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by JCBfromTHF
I would have bought every one they had at that price.

I did. They only had one in the barrel but if there had been more I'd have grabbed them all. They are my favorite rod for fishing out of the float tube. Always good to have a spare because I break one or two a year.
Posted By: pop r

Re: PSA Walmart - 02/20/22 01:20 AM

Thanks for the heads up. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: PSA Walmart - 02/20/22 03:48 PM

Picked up some very good deals over the years at Walmart. Always hit the tackle section when I am there. coolio
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: PSA Walmart - 03/01/22 10:16 PM

My local Walmart has a bunch of soft plastics on clearance. Was there this past Saturday.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum