Texas Fishing Forum

11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies

Posted By: Pot licker

11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/26/21 01:28 AM

Headed out Saturday to get our fishing fix. The day was overcast and a little windy, perfect fishing weather. The sunfish were super active and biting aggressively. Which made fishing more fun. We were using 1/32 JIGLYF jigs. We were finding them along the bank where it didn't have much timber.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The bass were closer to the middle of the river on the bottom,
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Here are some moon pics.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
and the Crappie were next to laydowns and hitting the jig on the fall.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The Rios were holding real tight along the bases of under water trees.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
We kept a few crappie and some of the sunfish and the rest were released to swim another day.
🦃 Happy Thanksgiving 🦃 from JIGLYF!
Posted By: Vogey

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/26/21 03:06 AM

Beautiful fish & pics ! In some of the photos it looks like the water level is way down ?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/26/21 04:10 AM

Awesome post and fish. Good job Yesenia and Leo! cheers

Side Note: I have not caught a Rio this month! bang Only nice Redear, LMB, and Bluegill ! clap

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/26/21 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Beautiful fish & pics ! In some of the photos it looks like the water level is way down ?

Thank you Vogey! The area we fish is in extreme drought. Water is about 8ft low, we need rain really bad.

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/26/21 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Side Note: I have not caught a Rio this month! bang Only nice Redear, LMB, and Bluegill ! clap

Thank you Chuck. Sorry you haven't caught any Rios, maybe you should give JIGLYF jigs a try! roflmao
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/26/21 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Pot licker

Thank you Chuck. Sorry you haven't caught any Rios, maybe you should give JIGLYF jigs a try! roflmao

I have few in my tackle box. I do plan on using them during the trout stockings. I bet they work! hooked

Side Note: The water bodies I have been fishing, the Rios have basically gone into "Hibernation Mode"! hide2

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/26/21 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Pot licker

I have few in my tackle box. I do plan on using them during the trout stockings. I bet they work! hooked

Side Note: The water bodies I have been fishing, the Rios have basically gone into "Hibernation Mode"! hide2

A buddy of ours caught trout on JIGLYF jigs. He took JIGLYF jigs with him to Colorado and caught lots of trout.
Posted By: jagg

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/27/21 06:17 AM

Beautiful catches y'all! I was wondering about the water level myself. With each video it was looking like it was getting lower. I'm sure the rain will come this Winter & Spring. That one gill had an earflap as big as a quarter! Nice came colored redear too! Some big bonus bass!!
Posted By: jagg

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/27/21 06:19 AM

Nice trophy crappie and the Rios are looking like they may never put the nightcap on. An actual cold rain may put them off though.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/27/21 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by jagg
Beautiful catches y'all! I was wondering about the water level myself. With each video it was looking like it was getting lower. I'm sure the rain will come this Winter & Spring. That one gill had an earflap as big as a quarter! Nice came colored redear too! Some big bonus bass!!

Originally Posted by jagg
Nice trophy crappie and the Rios are looking like they may never put the nightcap on. An actual cold rain may put them off though.

thanks Torry, the river is damed up in 4 places and each "lake" is used for irrigation. if you notice in the videos there are big pipes coming off the bank into the river. those go strait to pivot irrigators. this area is known as the wintergarden area with lots of fields all along the river. the water level fluctuates constantly depending on whats growing ,how much water they are pumping out and of course rain. farmers are planting winter wheat and oats now and the pumps will start humming soon drawing down the water level even more bang of the three places we usually fish we can only launch the boat at 2 and if it doesnt rain real soon we will be down to only using our 12ft boat. we have to carry it down as the ramps will be out of the water in a few weeks cry as for the rios i think they are going into hibernation mode as we are catching fewer every trip. november 29th 2020 was the latest i have caught a rio, but rest assured we will keep trying thumb
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/28/21 01:12 AM

thumb

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/28/21 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by BriannShell
thumb

Thanks BrianShell! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/28/21 03:16 PM

coolphotos You all have been nailing em all year. Awesome post! coolio

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/28/21 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
coolphotos You all have been nailing em all year. Awesome post! coolio

Yes sir, it's been a great year for us! Thanks Laker One!
Posted By: pop r

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/28/21 03:43 PM

Awesome job as usual Yesenia and Leo! coolphotos bow_down

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 11/29/21 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by pop r
Awesome job as usual Yesenia and Leo! coolphotos bow_down

Thank you pop r!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 12/02/21 02:50 PM

You all have been having a GREAT year! Keep up the super fishing. Thanks for sharing.

Re: 11-20 11-21-21 late fall Rios and buddies - 12/02/21 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
You all have been having a GREAT year! Keep up the super fishing. Thanks for sharing.

We sure have Gitter Done and you are very welcome🙂
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum