Texas Fishing Forum

Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21)

Posted By: Vogey

Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21) - 10/05/21 02:29 AM

Well...It's almost over...We only found good size Sunfish in one or two of our favorite spots...and by next week they will probably be gone from there as well. The number one spot on the lake produced "0" sunfish today...but it has been a GREAT summer on FCL for Bluegill & Red Ear. Me & Doc took 3 extra "Last Casts" today in honor of our Finned friends, and we each caught one on our official last cast. Have a great winter vacation you guys, but don't get too comfy....because will be back after ya next March...

Today we got to the lake at daybreak & fished until 4 pm. We met up with Alan (aka Choclabdog) & fished for bass for the 1st 2 hours. When we left to go hunt for Sunnies we hat 17 bass & Alan had 18...all between 2 & 5 lbs. Alan is a bass catching MACHINE ! We (me & Doc) ended up the day with 23 bass, 10 Rios, 1 catfish & 141 Sunfish...(red ear & native bluegill mix). All our bass were caught on Tsunami 3" swimbaits & all the rest were caught on Gulp Alive 1" minnows in various colors. Water temp was in the mid 80s in most areas & water seemed to be down just a bit. All fish released to fight another year... [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21) - 10/05/21 05:42 AM

What a great way to end the season! Cool pics. clap
Posted By: CarlB

Re: Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21) - 10/05/21 12:18 PM

You guys are fish slaying machines.
Posted By: CarlB

Re: Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21) - 10/05/21 12:19 PM

You guys are fish slaying machines. I need to get out there one of these days.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21) - 10/05/21 02:55 PM

Awesome post and information as normal. The reed beds never did hold great numbers this year. Hopefully next year will be different.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21) - 10/06/21 12:36 PM

It's been a GREAT year Steve for Fayette. Good job guys. cheers

Side note. Now only if you can find their winter hiding spots hide2

Re: Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21) - 10/06/21 05:20 PM

Thanks Carl, Yesenia & Chuck. Jamie...The sunfish patterns seem to be ever evolving. Many past spots are not that good anymore, with reedbeds being the obvious one. Tree field colonies were also way down this year.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21) - 10/08/21 12:53 PM

Enjoy it while you can is the saying. Vogey you have had a BANNER year on Fayette. As of a matter of fact you have had multiple BANNER years on that lake. Hard work studying a water body "PAYS OFF"! Keep up the great fishing! coolio
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21) - 10/10/21 12:51 AM

thumb

Re: Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21) - 10/10/21 01:22 AM

Thanks Curtis & Brian...The bass are starting to come into focus at this point...
Posted By: jonboatfishing

Re: Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21) - 10/13/21 02:40 AM

Great post Steve
I made my first trip to Sommerville looking for crappie. Didn't do a lot of fishing, mostly scoping out the area.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Third "Last Cast" (FCL 10-4-21) - 10/14/21 03:08 PM

Great way to end a Bluegill run with both catching a fish on the last cast. You guys nailed em this year. FANTASTIC job.

Side Note: Hope you find the mother load this winter! hide2
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum