Texas Fishing Forum

Sunglasses !

Posted By: Laker One

Sunglasses ! - 08/22/21 02:28 PM

What type of sunglasses do you ware while fishing? noidea Any suggestions on a good brand? coolio
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Sunglasses ! - 08/22/21 03:16 PM

GM Laker, we both use prescribed Raybans they are also polarized. Costas are good with the glass lens.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Sunglasses ! - 08/22/21 03:30 PM

Curtis...Lenses prescription...Frames by Carrera. These are single focus & not good for close up. I also have 2 pair of Raybans that are multi use trifocal, plus change to dark or light depending on the light. I use the Raybans for fishing.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Sunglasses ! - 08/22/21 06:51 PM

I am bad on sunglasses. I put a pair of Walmart brand sunglass over my regular glasses and that has worked good form me. I usually have to buy two to three pair of Walmart brand sunglasses a year. hammer

Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Sunglasses ! - 08/23/21 03:31 AM

I have a big head and Costa Permits are the only ones I have found that fit my face. I get them on EBay.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Sunglasses ! - 08/24/21 08:15 PM

Costas!
Posted By: Griff7212

Re: Sunglasses ! - 08/24/21 09:08 PM

Costas for me
Posted By: MuglyFish

Re: Sunglasses ! - 08/26/21 02:18 AM

i'm interested in this also.. I just don't want to drop to much cash on a pair frown
Posted By: jonboatfishing

Re: Sunglasses ! - 08/26/21 10:09 PM

I'm with you Banker. After lens replacement surgery I purchased a hundred dollar pair from Cabela's. two days later, while trying to get a bull back in the pen I lost them. Now I only buy the cheap ones from Walmart or Walgreens. Fact is they are polarized and scratch resistant. work fine
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Sunglasses ! - 08/27/21 02:50 PM

Look into Smith or Costas. Ebay often has better prices than their websites.
I like wide temple frames that keeps the glare and outside light out. Lens color is also important, an Amber or Ignitor/Yellow lens for low light conditions/sight fishing, and a darker lens for mid day. I typically bring 2 pair w me on my trips to be able to adjust to conditions.
Posted By: jagg

Re: Sunglasses ! - 08/28/21 02:29 AM

I'm a big fan of Costas also. Try steepandcheap.com. I have got some great deals there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum