Texas Fishing Forum

Meredith Today

Posted By: Flags

Meredith Today - 08/15/21 01:00 AM

Put the tube on Meredith today. Like a dummy I forgot to take my phone so no pics. Pretty good day on the water. Caught a couple dozen gills up to about 9 inches long which is typical for there, a couple carp about 4-5 lbs and a channel cat about 18 inches long. Used my typical rig of an unpainted jig hook and a piece of crawler. All fish were released to fight another day.

On a sad note, this was the last trip for the tube. About a month ago I notice a seam was beginning to split so I stitched the seam with waxed thread and slapped some flextape on it. That seemed to work but when I got home and got the tube out of the truck I noticed the seam busted wide open. Split about 30 inches. This means the tube is no longer safe to use so I got all the gear out of it and tossed it in the dumpster

[Linked Image]

I really am not that surprised. Tube are good for about 3 years and I've had that one for at least that long. Caught a lot of really good fish out of it and hate to see it gone. Already looked online and I can buy a factory blem tube just like that one for $79 straight from the factory. A minor blem means nothing to me and I doubt the slabs will care either. So today was a good day fishing but with a sad ending.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Meredith Today - 08/15/21 01:17 AM

Good post Flags. Glad you got onto some nice fish and had a good time on the water. As for your old tube it served well, you will have a NEW one for sure.

Side Note: Always love those North Texas post. Keep em coming.

thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Meredith Today - 08/15/21 02:32 PM

Nice post Flags. Meredith is on my bucket list. woot

Side Note: Have you ever thought about getting a kayak? noidea
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Meredith Today - 08/15/21 02:58 PM

Enjoyed the post Flags. As always keep em coming.

Side Note: Time to break in a new tube!
Posted By: Flags

Re: Meredith Today - 08/15/21 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Have you ever thought about getting a kayak? noidea

Yeah but a kayak is harder to haul around, takes up more storage space and I can get in places with the tube that I can't with a kayak. I can deflate the tube and pack it down but can have it inflated and ready to go in less than 10 min.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Meredith Today - 08/15/21 11:10 PM

Sad to hear about your tube, but glad you caught lots of fish! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum