Texas Fishing Forum

Quick Report. Guadalupe River.

Posted By: Laker One

Quick Report. Guadalupe River. - 07/25/21 02:28 PM

Due to the past rains some of my marked brush piles have washed away. For the past couple of weeks me, Jeff, and Steve have been busy looking for new spots that are holding crappie and Bluegill. (Sunfish). We have been catching some good numbers of Bluegill and crappie by docks in 12 to 16 feet of water and under the lights during the night in 10 to 12 feet of water. Also bridge pillars in 12 to 16 feet of water are holding nice numbers of crappie. Boat traffic picks up around 10am and we are usually off the water by 12 noon. Further down river the boat traffic is very light. Seems the bite slows down a lot around 10 am. The evening bite picks up about an hour after sunset. Jigs, Chartreuse/Pink and Chartreuse/Black work well during the daylight. Sliders, Silver/Black work well during the night time. Gulp Alive Leaches on a drop shot get's the Bluegill. coolio
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Quick Report. Guadalupe River. - 07/25/21 02:52 PM

Good report Curtis. I plan on hitting a place later in August down river. Me and Clayton aka "The Wildman of the Navidad" fished there a few years back and had a pretty good day. thumb

Side Note: How is the current? noidea
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Quick Report. Guadalupe River. - 07/25/21 03:44 PM

Good post Laker. Hope you guys find some more brush piles. Seems that you are still finding some nice numbers. Good job.

Side Note: Love that night fishing. It has been awhile for me.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Quick Report. Guadalupe River. - 07/25/21 06:07 PM

Nice report Curtis...
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Quick Report. Guadalupe River. - 07/27/21 12:27 PM

Chuck. The current is strong. Been that way the whole year. The current has slowed down some compared to what it was during the late spring. bang
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Quick Report. Guadalupe River. - 07/27/21 12:56 PM

Solid report Laker! Love me some night fishing fish
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Quick Report. Guadalupe River. - 07/27/21 03:13 PM

Thanks for the report.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum