Texas Fishing Forum

Float Tubing Lake Meredith

Posted By: Flags

Float Tubing Lake Meredith - 06/10/21 08:17 PM

Put the tube on Lake Meredith today. A little windy but fishable. Like a dummy I left my phone in the truck so no pics while fishing. It was a lot slower than I expected it to be. Got a few gills, nothing big though 4 and 5 inchers. Had a lot of good sized carp swimming up to me. They were so close they were swimming between my legs and feet but they didn't want to bite. Kind of funny. Spent a little over 3 hrs on the water. All gills were released to fight another day but I did keep these tasty things.

[Linked Image]

Gonna try Copper Breaks State Park tomorrow.

Cheers Y'All
Posted By: Whistlebritches

Re: Float Tubing Lake Meredith - 06/11/21 02:14 AM

Chief I live less than an hour south of Copper Breaks and haven't been up there since I was a kid.I've heard several say it held lots of small bass and gills........not sure about anything else.Let me know......might be a great place for the grandkids.I'm off tomorrow but have to be in Wichita Falls for granddaughters softball tournament, otherwise I'd head north and meet you for lunch.If you make it to Crowell,bout 15 miles south of CB's,hang a left at the 4-way bout 3 blocks down on the right is an old dairy mart...............best cheeseburger in these here parts my friend.

Just south of Crowell is the Truscott Brine Lake...........if you follow the signs to the lake continue across the dam til you hit a T,turn left it'll take you to a parking area by a walk in gate.You can take a tube and gear bout a quarter mile to the backside of a dam.........on the other side is some awesome bass and hybrid bluegill action.This little lake is used to catch runoff headed into the the brine lake.Short walk and worth the effort.

Have a blast
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Float Tubing Lake Meredith - 06/11/21 03:36 AM

Awesome post Flags. Those will fry up nice! food
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Float Tubing Lake Meredith - 06/11/21 12:34 PM

Nice post and fish. woot
Posted By: Flags

Re: Float Tubing Lake Meredith - 06/11/21 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Whistlebritches
Chief I live less than an hour south of Copper Breaks and haven't been up there since I was a kid.I've heard several say it held lots of small bass and gills........not sure about anything else.Let me know......might be a great place for the grandkids.I'm off tomorrow but have to be in Wichita Falls for granddaughters softball tournament, otherwise I'd head north and meet you for lunch.If you make it to Crowell,bout 15 miles south of CB's,hang a left at the 4-way bout 3 blocks down on the right is an old dairy mart...............best cheeseburger in these here parts my friend.

Just south of Crowell is the Truscott Brine Lake...........if you follow the signs to the lake continue across the dam til you hit a T,turn left it'll take you to a parking area by a walk in gate.You can take a tube and gear bout a quarter mile to the backside of a dam.........on the other side is some awesome bass and hybrid bluegill action.This little lake is used to catch runoff headed into the the brine lake.Short walk and worth the effort.

Have a blast

I ended up not going to Copper Breaks today. An insurance adjuster ended up making an appointment with me. My 14 ft travel trailer got beat up by a hail storm on 5/17 so I'm gonna put in a claim. I am going to try and get over there on Sat though. I looked up that Truscott Brine Lake. I am especially interested in the 100 acre fresh water pond. Can you tell me anything about that? I also see they allow hunting there. Have you ever tried waterfowl hunting on the lake?
Posted By: Whistlebritches

Re: Float Tubing Lake Meredith - 06/11/21 07:02 PM

PM sent
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Float Tubing Lake Meredith - 06/13/21 01:26 PM

Nice post and fish. Thanks Flags for sharing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum