Texas Fishing Forum

Sunfish ID

Posted By: David Newton

Sunfish ID - 06/05/21 06:20 PM

I'm out here at Boerne Lake and I keep catching sunfish with very large mouths. I have never seen a mouth this big on a sunfish.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Sunfish ID - 06/05/21 07:55 PM

A very nice Green Sunfish !

Side Note — From the looks of the water level at the bank it appears the lake caught some water ??
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Sunfish ID - 06/05/21 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by doctorxring

Side Note — From the looks of the water level at the bank it appears the lake caught some water ??

Plus #1. thumb
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Sunfish ID - 06/05/21 10:32 PM

Plus #2 thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Sunfish ID - 06/06/21 02:46 PM

Nice fish.
Posted By: jaymzinsa

Re: Sunfish ID - 06/07/21 06:07 PM

Plus 3 on the nice green. Is that from the city park on river road? If so nice to see it full with some good looking water.
Posted By: David Newton

Re: Sunfish ID - 06/08/21 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by jaymzinsa
Plus 3 on the nice green. Is that from the city park on river road? If so nice to see it full with some good looking water.

The lake has filled up a bit. Couldn't say by how much but dry land was definitely submerged between my last visit and now.

I'm not sure the name of the road it's on. I just call it Boerne City Lake Park. Off the 10 West. Usually costs 15 bucks to get in but there was a kiddie fishing tournament that day so it was free.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Sunfish ID - 06/13/21 01:15 PM

Nice Green! I have not caught that many this year. Really have not been fishing for them.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum