Texas Fishing Forum

caddo lake help

Posted By: stoneman2

caddo lake help - 05/12/21 03:13 PM

Me and my 12 year old son went camping and exploring the lake last weekend to learn the lake before taking the whole family down there this weekend for my 50th...
anyway , we caught a couple of nice bream but we did not fish enough to learn anything about where to look for them, and did not have a bite for catfish

taking the wife and all 3 kids down there tomorrow and really wanted to figure out a pattern and where to look for bream or catfish

I am not looking for secret spots or honey holes , but any help on the lake would be much appreciated . launching at johnsons ranch this trip and exploring more of the lake as it is such a beautiful body of water , but I know I do not know how to fish this lake and need some pointers . every "fishy " spot we visited did not produce even a nibble
Help

Dm's would be fine as well
Posted By: CricketHook

Re: caddo lake help - 05/13/21 01:29 PM

You're going to have to get around the trees in 1-3 ft. Use crickets - it will get you bit the quickest there. Keep moving until you find one. When you do you probably found a bunch. Watermelon smell on the water will indicate they are there. if the water is relatively clear you might see some sandy holes. Mid lake is good on the north side. Keep moving until you find some. Don't run the lake too fast and be careful of the glitter boats that can't seem to slow down.
Posted By: Skilletshot

Re: caddo lake help - 05/13/21 06:48 PM

Probably to late now but check the water level. It may be a flooded mess. We had a ton of rain.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum