Texas Fishing Forum

What am I looking for

Posted By: Jessebeaux95

What am I looking for - 05/09/21 04:54 AM

Hey guys, have been bouncing back and forth between Ray Roberts and Lavon trying to catch some bream but with no luck. Any tips on the type terrain, structure, etc I should be looking for?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: What am I looking for - 05/09/21 05:09 AM

Right now a lot of the Bluegill are spawning. Look for nest. I am catching bluegill on nest in 8 to 12 feet of water. After the spawn and during the summer you can find em in grass beds, by docks, brush piles, and overhanging tree limbs. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: What am I looking for - 05/09/21 03:37 PM

Based on some of the post I have seen over the past weeks, I think that the February freeze set the patterns back a few weeks. Just a guess.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: What am I looking for - 05/10/21 01:35 PM

I am still seeing Bluegill on beds here in south central Texas. Usually the first spawn is over by now. After the spawn I find sunfish in grass beds usually in water 10 to 15 feet deep. Shaded areas with overhanging tree limbs, docks, and brush piles are great late spring and summertime places to find fish. Reed areas in the morning are also good places to try in late spring, summer, and fall. During spawning times the sunnies go back to their bedding areas. Usually in water from 4 to 10 feet deep depending on the water body, Hard bottoms are usually the nesting areas. Also grass beds are good nesting spots as well. coolio
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum