Texas Fishing Forum

Rayburn Fishing Report...

Posted By: mudbelly

Rayburn Fishing Report... - 04/30/21 04:42 PM

After a few trips and hot fishing at Martin Dies Jr. State Park I stuck closer to home for this trip.

I have pan fished around the Hanks Creek Campground and boat ramps since I was a kid and my kids learned fishing in the same spots. For whatever reason they are not quite there yet this year but I caught an interesting mixed bag all on crappie sliders, made a modest fish diner for me and my wife and had a good cardio work out paddling the canoe against the wind. Probably take the big boat next time and catfish.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Rayburn Fishing Report... - 04/30/21 04:54 PM

Nice post and pics mudbelly clap thanks for sharing!

Side note: is that a green zebco 202 in the third pic?
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Rayburn Fishing Report... - 04/30/21 05:52 PM

Great pictures and post thumb

That's a very fishy looking place. Everything around here is behind schedule as well. That cold weather and constant cool fronts slowed everything down. I'm still waiting on the full blown shad spawn to start on the local lake.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Rayburn Fishing Report... - 04/30/21 08:59 PM

Thanks for sharing mudbelly! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Rayburn Fishing Report... - 04/30/21 10:01 PM

Nice variety of fish. Nice post and fish and thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Rayburn Fishing Report... - 05/01/21 12:47 PM

Love those other post from lakes I have not fished. Awesome post and thanks for sharing. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Rayburn Fishing Report... - 05/01/21 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Love those other post from lakes I have not fished. Awesome post and thanks for sharing. woot

Plus #1. Keep them coming.

Re: Rayburn Fishing Report... - 05/03/21 02:18 AM

Thanks for checking my photos out.

I have had lots of short bites lately, on this Rayburn trip and some on Dam B though the bite has been hotter there. I see lots on here use the Gulp minnows so I picked up a jar of them for my next trip. Maybe they will hold on longer.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Rayburn Fishing Report... - 05/03/21 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by mudbelly
Thanks for checking my photos out.

I have had lots of short bites lately, on this Rayburn trip and some on Dam B though the bite has been hotter there. I see lots on here use the Gulp minnows so I picked up a jar of them for my next trip. Maybe they will hold on longer.

Let us know how you do on the Gulp Minnows. Always love to know what fish on other water bodies are biting on! hooked

Re: Rayburn Fishing Report... - 05/03/21 12:59 PM

Ok, I'll surely have photos. Going catfishing today in the big boat though.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum