Texas Fishing Forum

No fishing

Posted By: gar1970

No fishing - 04/29/21 11:48 PM

Having turkey hunters is keeping us from fishing bang but on the bright side we get to meet some really nice and interesting people. Our last group was a grandfather his son and his two young nephews. They hunted for five days and took six turkeys. They are excellent hunters! The son is a professional photographer and I'm sure you will be able to tell by the picture he sent me.
[Linked Image]
Even though we didn't get to go fishing it was ok as we made new friends and thats what life's all about clap

Side note: got these in the mail today banana
[Linked Image]
Two record Rio's in two days, one on rod and reel and my first with a flyrod.
As Chuck always says " it just don't get any better"
Posted By: jagg

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 01:02 AM

Sweet Pic! Its nice having such a great place in your back yard! Congratulations on the records! Excellent job for all parties involved!! cheers
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 01:54 AM

Nice turkeys and nice certificates. thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 01:57 AM

Those are some TROPHY BIRDS! Nice Toms. Congratulations to both young hunters on a awesome hunt! thumb

Side Note: Congratulations Leo on yet more records. Big congratulations on your first flyrod record. First of many more to follow. Awesome job. bow_down

Side Note: You need to break a few of J-Moe's records. rockon
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 02:30 AM

Congratulations Leo on those Water Body records. Sure glad you got one on a fly rod. That's fabulous. flehan

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by jagg
Sweet Pic! Its nice having such a great place in your back yard! Congratulations on the records! Excellent job for all parties involved!! cheers

Thanks for your reply Torry! All i can say is we are blessed God is great angel2

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
Nice turkeys and nice certificates. thumb

Thank you Barry thumb

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Those are some TROPHY BIRDS! Nice Toms. Congratulations to both young hunters on a awesome hunt! thumb

Side Note: Congratulations Leo on yet more records. Big congratulations on your first flyrod record. First of many more to follow. Awesome job. bow_down

Thanks Chuck for all the kind words cheers

Side note: i didn't know there was a catch and release fly fishing category as well the regular fly fishing category hmmm looks like J-Moe's west nueces channel cat record is safe as all my records are catch and release. Kinda cool knowing anybody can catch the same fish i have and break my records

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by Catyakker
Congratulations Leo on those Water Body records. Sure glad you got one on a fly rod. That's fabulous. flehan

Thank you Rick thumb next time you come out with Chuck maybe you could give Yesenia and I a few fly fishing lessons and show us how the experts do it fish

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by gar1970

Thanks Chuck for all the kind words cheers

Side note: i didn't know there was a catch and release fly fishing category as well the regular fly fishing category hmmm looks like J-Moe's west nueces Rio record is safe as all my records are catch and release. Kinda cool knowing anybody can catch the same fish i have and break my records

Not until I bring an official Texas Parks & Wildlife Weigh Station to the W. Prong! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 11:52 AM

That is one AWESOME PICTURE! I would have the picture framed and hanging up in my living room. Congratulations to the hunters on getting two trophy birds. Super job. woot

Side Note: Congratulations Gar 1970 on your records an Big Fish Awards. Great job on both the rod/reel and fly rod. It will not be long until you retire your rod/reel and start buying more fly rods. coolio

Side Note: Are you tying your own flies? noidea
Posted By: Tommar

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 02:42 PM

Nice turkeys and glad to see more awards!

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
That is one AWESOME PICTURE! I would have the picture framed and hanging up in my living room. Congratulations to the hunters on getting two trophy birds. Super job. woot

Side Note: Congratulations Gar 1970 on your records an Big Fish Awards. Great job on both the rod/reel and fly rod. It will not be long until you retire your rod/reel and start buying more fly rods. coolio

Side Note: Are you tying your own flies? noidea

Thank you Laker One for your kind words cheers I will pass them on to the hunters. thumb

Side note: I don't think i can ever retire all 50+ rod reel combos Yesenia and I own but I do have my eye out for a short 2wt fly rod to add to the heard
As far as flies go yes i have tied some and caught fish with them but the one that caught the Rio was tied by Yesenia. I call it Yesenias red devil
[Linked Image]
It's kinda hard to see in pic but its red coolio

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tommar
Nice turkeys and glad to see more awards!

Thank you for your reply Tommar cheers
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 04:02 PM

Awesome pictures and congrats on the records thumb

Re: No fishing - 04/30/21 04:17 PM

First you drug poor Rick into your devious plans, now you're recruiting Leo and Yesinia. This sounds like full out war.

I'm going to have Leo throw a couple of those big Rios in a kiddy pool behind his house. I'll book a Turkey trip and catch a 2.03 lb Rio out of the Nueces for a new State public water body record and another one out of the kiddy pool for a State Private Water Body Fly record. Y'all may not have a water body record left by the time I get through with y'all roflmao roflmao

Re: No fishing - 05/01/21 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by J-Moe

First you have drag poor Rick into your devious plans, now you're recruiting Leo and Yesinia. This sounds like full out war.

I'm going to have Leo throw a couple of those big Rios in a kiddy pool behind his house. I'll book a Turkey trip and catch a 2.03 lb Rio out of the Nueces for a new State public water body record and another one out of the kiddy pool for a State Private Water Body Fly record. Y'all may not have a water body record left by the time I get through with y'all roflmao roflmao

No records are safe with you and Rick on the fishing trail. I need to throw Leo into the mix also. whip
Posted By: BigJoeTx1212

Re: No fishing - 05/01/21 01:26 AM

popcorn2 this is getting good!

Re: No fishing - 05/01/21 12:42 PM

OMG Fifty rod & reels. Just wait in about three more years. It will be 50 rod & reels, and 25 fly rods. Not to mention 10000 hand tied flies. coolio

Re: No fishing - 05/02/21 01:42 PM

First you have drag poor Rick into your devious plans, now you're recruiting Leo and Yesinia. This sounds like full out war.

No records are safe with you and Rick on the fishing trail. I need to throw Leo into the mix also. whip

Thanks Chuck for grouping me in with that high calibre of fisherman flehan ... But I still have a long way to go and alot to learn!

Re: No fishing - 05/02/21 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by BigJoeTx1212
popcorn2 this is getting good!

Oh but just wait BigJoe , its fixing to get real interesting stir

Re: No fishing - 05/02/21 01:50 PM

OMG Fifty rod & reels. Just wait in about three more years. It will be 50 rod & reels, and 25 fly rods. Not to mention 10000 hand tied flies. coolio

I do think you are right Laker but i think it will be closer to 3 fly rods. They are so darn expensive bang

Re: No fishing - 05/02/21 01:54 PM

I do think you are right Laker but i think it will be closer to 3 fly rods. They are so darn expensive bang

Yes they are! I have only been fly fishing for a few years. I have six fly rods and fixing to make a trip to the Bass Pro when I get off of work to buy some more fly tackle.

Re: No fishing - 05/03/21 02:51 AM

Yes they are! I have only been fly fishing for a few years. I have six fly rods and fixing to make a trip to the Bass Pro when I get off of work to buy some more fly tackle.

Oooo new tackle dance2 what did ya get? popcorn2

Re: No fishing - 05/03/21 03:01 AM

First you drug poor Rick into your devious plans, now you're recruiting Leo and Yesinia. This sounds like full out war.

I dont have a kiddy pool but I do have a cement water trough for the deer right behind the house thumb I guess I can put that Rio in there for ya

Side note: I was draining it to clean it a few months ago and found a channel cat living in there eeks
[Linked Image]

Re: No fishing - 05/03/21 03:11 AM

I dont have a kiddie pool but i do have a cement water trough for the deer right behind the house thumb

Side note: i drained and cleaned it a few months ago and found a channel cat living in there eeks
[Linked Image]

You can not make that cement water trough part of the West Prong. sarcastic Also do not let Jamie talk you into making that cement deer trough a private pond either. stir

Re: No fishing - 05/03/21 02:47 PM

There is only one way to settle this "war of the west prong" Yall are going to have to come out and have a fishoff.
Biggest Rio wins.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: No fishing - 05/03/21 02:53 PM

Great post Gar 1970! The smiles on those young hunters says it all. The picture looks like one of those on a post card. (Picture Perfect). Congratulations to those boys. cheers Are those Turkeys the Rio Grande Species?

Side Note: Also congratulations on your records, especially your first flyrod record! As I have heard it said over and over again you are living in God's Country!

Re: No fishing - 05/03/21 04:42 PM

I dont have a kiddy pool but I do have a cement water trough for the deer right behind the house thumb I guess I can put that Rio in there for ya

Side note: I was draining it to clean it a few months ago and found a channel cat living in there eeks
[Linked Image]

Perfect, Just put a couple of big Rios in there. Rick should be shaking in his boots now. That's a private water body roflmao

Re: No fishing - 05/03/21 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Great post Gar 1970! The smiles on those young hunters says it all. The picture looks like one of those on a post card. (Picture Perfect). Congratulations to those boys. cheers Are those Turkeys the Rio Grande Species?

Side Note: Also congratulations on your records, especially your first flyrod record! As I have heard it said over and over again you are living in God's Country!

Thanks Gitter Done for your reply! I will make sure and pass on those congrats to the young hunters thumb I agree 100% that is a great pic! It just so happens the uncle is Jeff Bezos "owner of Amazon" personal photographer.
Yes you are correct, those are Rio Grande Turkeys.

Thank you for your congratulations on the new records cheers
We are truly blessed to be able to call "God's county" home. angel
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: No fishing - 05/06/21 02:34 PM

Thanks Gar, beautiful birds and a great job by both hunters.
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: No fishing - 05/09/21 10:30 AM

Awesome Pics, Keep using the fly rod, it becomes an addiction!!!

Re: No fishing - 05/09/21 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Hunter498

Yes it does. woot

Side Note: If it was not for my love of crappie fishing and using artificial spinning lures on the sunnies, I would have gave up on my spinning tackle. coolio

Re: No fishing - 05/11/21 04:45 AM

Thanks Alan! The more i use my fly rod the more i like it thumb

Re: No fishing - 05/11/21 04:51 AM

Yes it does. woot

Side Note: If it was not for my love of crappie fishing and using artificial spinning lures on the sunnies, I would have gave up on my spinning tackle. coolio

I hear ya Laker! I just love tying and testing new jigs too much and I can't use them with my fly rod bang
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum