Texas Fishing Forum

Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE !

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/28/21 07:54 PM

Just as Leo aka Gar 1970 reported earlier. The Redear are active and spawning. I just had to make a quick road trip to one of my Redear fishing spots and it "PAID OFF" ! Caught plenty of nice, fat, Redear. The biggest measured 10.15" in length and weighed 1.03 lbs. The fish was healthy and fat. All fish were released to spawn again including the Record Redear. Submitted record application to the Texas Parks & Wildlife Dept. for the Redear weight and catch & release, water body records. Fish were caught on the bait of champions "Worms"! Fish were in 3 to 5 feet of water. I also caught six bass with the biggest bass being about 3 pounds. A great Redear Day! It just don't get any better ! fish

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/28/21 08:51 PM

That's a fatty with nice bright colored red ear...good bass too...looks like it just spawned recently...

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/28/21 10:15 PM

Thanks Steve for the reply. Yes the bass have spawned and they are very active. Been catching about five a trip with most going in the 2 to 3 pound range. I caught one last week that was in the five pound range. thumb
Posted By: 1956Zebco

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/28/21 11:21 PM

Very nice fish. Helpful to newbies you include the depth caught in your fish reports.

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/29/21 12:16 AM

Thanks 1956Zebco for the reply. Yes Sir I try to be as helpful as possible. I target the Bluegill/Sunfish and love studying their patterns and habits. They are a blast to catch on ultralight tackle. thumb

Side Note: I love the simple style of fishing. cheers
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/29/21 01:22 AM

WTG Chuck thats a nice red ear! cheers

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/29/21 01:33 AM

Thanks Yesenia for the reply! thumb
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/29/21 01:35 AM

Looks like a great day Chuck! Beautiful red ears! Congrats on your new red ear record cheers

Side note: those bass are so much fun even though they are not the targeted species hooked
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/29/21 02:05 AM

Congratulations on the records. You have fished a lot to catch a fish like that. Keep the pictures coming. thumb

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/29/21 02:32 AM

Thanks Leo and Barry for the replies! cheers Leo: Bass are a bonus fish. I would prefer a nice big Bluegill/Sunfish ! Barry: You are 100 percent. You catch a lot of fish before catching a record fish! cheers
Posted By: jagg

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/29/21 05:26 AM

Very good post and excellent fish!! I guess conditions lined up just right for those readers to spawn on this full moon. It's a bit early I would think, but its been a weird year to be sure. Gotta love those shellcrackers! They're like swimming camouflage patterns! Excellent work, Chuck!
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/29/21 01:07 PM

Great fish, Chuck!
Posted By: Number19

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/29/21 03:44 PM

Really curious, using a hook sized for Redear, how do you land a 3 pound bass? When I fish for bream, I'm using a light wire 6 or maybe 4.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 03/30/21 12:29 AM

Great fish!!! I went out to one of the creeks I catch a few redear this week. It was almost all dried up. We've been needing a 5 inch rain around here for a while.
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 04/01/21 11:30 PM

Super fun fish to catch on ultralight gear, plus the occasional black bass! thumb
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 04/02/21 01:48 AM

I love catching off target species! My last was this on a T-rigged Paca Craw.

[Linked Image]

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 04/06/21 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tommar
I love catching off target species! My last was this on a T-rigged Paca Craw.

[Linked Image]

Nice fish! thumb

Also thanks Torry, Tommar, Numbers 19, Jamie, and F4 Gator for the replies. It's going to be another BIG FISH year! hooked
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 04/12/21 11:05 AM

Chuck, You have been catching some monster Redear this year. Looks like you are picking up where you left off last year. Congratulations on yet another record fish. Good job. flehan

Side Note: How would you compare the Redear bite to last years. Also how are the water bodies you are fishing holding up during this dry spell? noidea

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 04/15/21 11:21 PM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. cheers Had a great year last year for BIG Redear and so far on pace to have another great year. hooked The water bodies I have fished so far this year can really use 2 to 4 inches of some much needed RAIN. I plan on fishing some of my southwest spots in upcoming weeks. If we do not get some good soakers before summer time, this will play a huge factor on the bite at some of my favorite places to fish. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 04/23/21 02:03 PM

It as been a very dry year so far. It has been over two months since we have had any measurable amount or rainfall. The last good day of rain was back in November of last year. The creeks and ponds I do fish are very low. If they do not get rain anytime soon, they will be completely dry. hung

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 04/26/21 01:05 AM

I hear you Curtis. One of my favorite places to fish is now just a small puddle. Last year it was a nice clear deep pool of water. Will not be fishing there this year unless conditions improve a lot. Got an inch a half of rain the other day. Hope we can get a lot more this spring and summer. banana banana
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 04/29/21 08:15 PM

Nice fish and huge congratulations on another record fish. flehan

Side Note: I know you will not give an answer on your total records. However what species of fish do you have most of your records? I am going to take a guess. Rios? noidea

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 05/05/21 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Nice fish and huge congratulations on another record fish. flehan

Side Note: I know you will not give an answer on your total records. However what species of fish do you have most of your records? I am going to take a guess. Rios? noidea

Thanks Gitter for the reply. You are right 100 percent the Rios. Redear are a close second. cheers
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 05/10/21 04:50 PM

Kind of figured that. Still would love to know the total records. noidea

Re: Record Redear! Redear bite on FIRE ! - 05/15/21 08:09 PM

Keep guessing Gitter! I will give you a hint. It is more than one! roflmao noidea sarcastic
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum