Texas Fishing Forum

FCL 3/15/21

Posted By: Vogey

FCL 3/15/21 - 03/16/21 03:04 PM

Spring break 2021 has arrived ! The lake was loaded with boats yesterday as the weather cooperated after a week of howling winds.The fish cooperated as well. We fished from 8 am until around 7 pm and end the day with 4 bluegill, 5 catfish & around 60 bass. Water temp was 67 degrees when we started & 74 degrees when we left. As the water heated up, so did the bite. Best bite came in the last 4 hours of the day. Fish were caught on a mix of Tsunami swimbaits, Culprit worms & Gulp Alive minnows. Lots of big fish caught today. Doc had 2 fish over 5 lbs...one of which just spawned...if he had caught that fish 2 weeks ago I believe it may have gone 7 lbs. We were really disappointed in the bluegill bite...expected to hit them in full swing, but no such luck. Ran into Alan (choclabdog) on the water(thats him in the boat pic) who was also having a good day, and met up with Scott (atxguy) at the ramp who had a stellar day as well, with a big girl over 6.5 lbs. My right shoulder is a little sore this morning(from setting the hook), but it was worth it ! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: choclabdog

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/16/21 06:23 PM

Thanks for the report Steve! Fun running in to you guys and congrats Doc on the big fish! I saw him catch the one in the intake. I actually had a 4lb'er. on at the same time. I could tell you guys had a monster. I ended up catching another one a little over 4 and one 5.11 just before dark. Great day for big fish!
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/16/21 06:47 PM

Cool post Vogey lots of big bass! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/16/21 11:21 PM

Great day on the waters of Fayette. Awesome job guys. cheers

Side note: Nice bass Doc and Steve! flehan
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/17/21 01:04 AM

It was a big day for me. Without question my best day for bass ever in both quantity and size. The 5 lb 10 oz broke
my Personal Best for bass by a significant margin. I could never have done this without Steve's help.

Bwana Steve is definitely the Bass Boss on FCL !!
Posted By: FlyFX

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/17/21 01:31 AM

clap

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/17/21 02:03 AM

Alan...It amazes me how much better it is late in the day...guess it's the warmer water that turns them on. (and way fewer boats)
Thanks Yesenia, FlyFx & Chuck.
Doc...If there's one thing I have learned in my many years of fishing it' this: It only takes one cast (out of hundreds) to make for a great day !

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/17/21 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by doctorxring

It was a big day for me. Without question my best day for bass ever in both quantity and size. The 5 lb 10 oz broke
my Personal Best for bass by a significant margin. I could never have done this without Steve's help.

Bwana Steve is definitely the Bass Boss on FCL !!

I would also say the Bluegill Boss on FCL! cheers

Side Note: However Doc does a pretty good job nailing those BIG ONES as well. flehan

Toss Up! juggle
Posted By: Laker One

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/17/21 01:44 PM

I would simply call you guys the Bass Masters! Great job. woot

Side Note: Are they spawning? noidea

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/17/21 03:31 PM

Curtis...Yes they are...some are done, like the one in the second pic & some are in process...that is for bass...the bluegill have not started yet...but it will be soon...
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/18/21 10:44 AM

Great looking bass Vogey and Doc. Good job guys.

Side Note: Vogey: Have you ever been a member of a bass club?

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/18/21 12:15 PM

Tom...I have not...Entered one bass tournament on Lake Livingston in the 1970s, but it really took the fun out of it for me & never did it again.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/19/21 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Curtis...Yes they are...some are done, like the one in the second pic & some are in process...that is for bass...the bluegill have not started yet...but it will be soon...

The bass where I am fishing are doing about the same. Most have spawned out!

Side Note: Heading to the Crappie Hole in 30 minutes. hooked
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/20/21 03:42 PM

Tom...I have not...Entered one bass tournament on Lake Livingston in the 1970s, but it really took the fun out of it for me & never did it again.

Back in my younger days I was a member of a Universal City Bass Club. We had a lot of military personal from Randolph who were members. Fished plenty of tournaments and had some good times. I think the best I finished was third place in a tournament on Fayette. I enjoyed the bi-weekly meetings we had, but best of all the times we hung out at Elroy's fishing hole and Anchor Marine. We told many of lies during those times. Those were the days.

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/20/21 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done

Back in my younger days I was a member of a Universal City Bass Club. We had a lot of military personal from Randolph who were members. Fished plenty of tournaments and had some good times. I think the best I finished was third place in a tournament on Fayette. I enjoyed the bi-weekly meetings we had, but best of all the times we hung out at Elroy's fishing hole and Anchor Marine. We told many of lies during those times. Those were the days.

I can remember when Anchor Marine which was changed to Pennock's Marine, was the best place to buy a Bass Boat south of Austin! Also Elroy's fishing hole had several guides operating out of his tackle shop as well. Yes Sir those were very good days for sure. thumb

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/20/21 06:52 PM

I spent lots of time in Elroy's shop as well & fished with Elroy on Choke Canyon a few times. I still tell a lot of lies, buts that's part of the fun ... rolleyes

Re: FCL 3/15/21 - 03/21/21 04:19 AM

I spent lots of time in Elroy's shop as well & fished with Elroy on Choke Canyon a few times. I still tell a lot of lies, buts that's part of the fun ... rolleyes

Telling a few lies with a bunch of anglers ! It just don't get any better! fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum