Posted By: Jessebeaux95

Bluegill - 02/20/21 03:05 AM

Between:

Lavon
Lewisville
Grapevine
Ray Roberts
Hubbard

Where would recommend focusing to catch bluegill, bream, sunfish? I haven't done very well at Lewisville but only went once... Thoughts?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bluegill - 02/20/21 04:38 AM

Have not fished any of those lakes. Looking up Bluegill water body records shows Ray Hubbard with a 10.01" .96 lb. Bluegill Record. Lavon has a 9.10" Bluegill .66 lb. Record. The three other lakes have no record Bluegill. All of the above lakes should have nice Bluegill. Finding them will be the challenge. During the spring look for beds in water 3 to 8 feet deep. Fish by grass beds, drop offs, etc. During the summer fish by structure such as docks, bridge pillars. stick ups, overhanging tree limbs, rocks, etc. Fish in water 8 to 16 feet. Also fish shaded area in 7 to 12 feet. Fall fish in water 6 to 12 feet, by grass beds, drop offs, and structure. Winter fish deeper water close to grass beds and drop offs. 14 to 18 feet. This is general basic information. The more you fish a water body the better you will learn the locations of your target fish in that water body during the certain times of the year. Looking forward to seeing some of your post on your fishing trips. Hopefully someone who has fished any of the above lakes will respond. thumb

Side Note: welcome To the TFF !
Posted By: psalty

Re: Bluegill - 02/20/21 05:41 AM

Ahoy Jesse, welcome my friend. You' have a lot of folks here that have a wealth of knowledge and wisdom about the bream, bluegill and like fishes here in Texas. Mr. Chuck just gave you a bit to wet your whistle and believe me with his trophies and records he does in fact share the best with you. Sure nuff there'll be some more headed your way after a bit of the wooly booger we just experienced passes. Stay warm and read the blue gill threads (express) coming our way. thumb welcome texas
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Bluegill - 02/20/21 08:41 AM

I have caught many nice bluegill from Lake Ray Hubbard. They will be deep.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Bluegill - 02/20/21 03:47 PM

welcome to the TFF ! Hope you catch some nice Bluegill/Sunfish this year. Hope you can post some of your reports for us. Looking forward also to see some of your catches. woot
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Bluegill - 02/20/21 03:54 PM

welcome I would give Grapevine a try. I have seen some nice bluegill near the marinas on the south side of the lake. Also consider fishing the community lakes in the area. Many of them have good bluegill populations.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/cfl.phtml?r=2
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Bluegill - 02/20/21 04:18 PM

welcome to the TFF looking foward to seeing your catches!
Posted By: Jessebeaux95

Re: Bluegill - 02/21/21 02:34 AM

Thanks for the friendly welcome and replies! look forward to reading threads!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Bluegill - 02/21/21 04:28 PM

welcome You made your first post in a very good section of the forum. Hope to see more of your post !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum