Texas Fishing Forum

Wednesday 2-10-21 Crappie/Bluegill !

Posted By: Laker One

Wednesday 2-10-21 Crappie/Bluegill ! - 02/13/21 03:15 PM

Myself and super fishing buddy and friend Jeff, fished some marked brush piles on the Guadalupe River. We fished fished from 11:00 am till 4pm. The crappie are moving and are staging for their spawn. We fished from kayaks and between the two of us caught 60 crappie with 36 keepers. We kept 20 of the the 36 for the dinner tables. Fish were in 10 feet of water not far from shallow water. We used Crappie Magnets with Pink/Yellow and Red/Yellow ,getting great results. We also caught a few Bluegill and one nice Redear. (Not the Biggest but a nice one.) All of the sunfish were released. Did not see anyone on the water! Always a great time fishing. woot

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Wednesday 2-10-21 Crappie/Bluegill ! - 02/13/21 03:50 PM

Great pictures and post Laker. Good job guys. Let the crappie bite begin !

Side Note: Are you finding eggs in any of the fish you are cleaning?
Posted By: psalty

Re: Wednesday 2-10-21 Crappie/Bluegill ! - 02/13/21 04:11 PM

Nice catch and hopefully more of the same soon after this cold bluster. thumb
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Wednesday 2-10-21 Crappie/Bluegill ! - 02/13/21 06:12 PM

Awesome post Laker! cheers
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Wednesday 2-10-21 Crappie/Bluegill ! - 02/13/21 08:42 PM

Curtis...Great catch...You have what they call...STAMINA !

Re: Wednesday 2-10-21 Crappie/Bluegill ! - 02/14/21 03:32 PM

Thanks for the replies. Gitter and Vogey: Gitter yes I am finding eggs in the the crappie I am cleaning. The spawn has started where we are fishing. Vogey: Yes Sir you can call it stamina but it can also be called " an adventure". roflmao roflmao Just trying to fish when ever I can. I am very lucky to have three straight days off at work. 4 on and 3 off allows some good fishing time. I am just trying to catch up to a lot of the anglers on this section of the forum who have logged in MANY of MANY fishing hours on the water ! rockon
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Wednesday 2-10-21 Crappie/Bluegill ! - 02/14/21 09:23 PM

Curtis you and Jeff are the "Crappie Masters" for sure. Where is Steve? Seems that he has missed the last several trips you guys have made. I had a dock on Lake Dunlap where I could easily get a limit of crappie any day during the winter. Had another dock on Dunlap where I could catch a few crappie anytime during the year. Now I only have memories thanks to the Dam break. bang

Side Note: Keep up the great fishing ! thumb
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Wednesday 2-10-21 Crappie/Bluegill ! - 02/14/21 10:32 PM

Awesome post and fish clap love it when the crappie are staging, its fast and furious fishing.

Were they hitting the jig on the fall?

Re: Wednesday 2-10-21 Crappie/Bluegill ! - 02/15/21 06:28 PM

Chuck: Steve has been busy at work and usually has only weekends off. He can usually take a day off in the middle of the week. Right now his business is short handed and he is taking advantage of the overtime. Hopefully by spring he can make it out. We depend highly on his boat. Thanks to the Crappie Gods the crappie are in kayak distance. woot
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Wednesday 2-10-21 Crappie/Bluegill ! - 02/15/21 11:26 PM

It's a good thing you guys can still get to your spots. That is what I call great planning. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Wednesday 2-10-21 Crappie/Bluegill ! - 02/18/21 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Thanks for the replies. Gitter and Vogey: Gitter yes I am finding eggs in the the crappie I am cleaning. The spawn has started where we are fishing. Vogey: Yes Sir you can call it stamina but it can also be called " an adventure". roflmao roflmao Just trying to fish when ever I can. I am very lucky to have three straight days off at work. 4 on and 3 off allows some good fishing time. I am just trying to catch up to a lot of the anglers on this section of the forum who have logged in MANY of MANY fishing hours on the water ! rockon

The spawn is on! Go get em.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum