Texas Fishing Forum

Cabin Fever

Posted By: boocat

Cabin Fever - 02/10/21 11:18 PM

Have not done much with either boat in the last year ( little plastic 8ft pond prowler and an 18 Bass Buggy) Bought a bunch of new tackle last year and researched new techniques. Ready to get out and really try to fish now.. The whole covid thing (I work in a hospital) and other stuff has just got in the way.. Maybe hit upper Guad (kville) and my area lakes after this LAST cold spell,,, Would like to do upper lake Canyon, Inks , Brady and so on in my area. Just really ready to get out.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Cabin Fever - 02/11/21 01:42 AM

Thank you for your service as a frontline worker! I hope you catch alot of fish when you do go, you deserve it fish
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cabin Fever - 02/11/21 04:37 AM

Just getting out in the GREAT OUTDOORS is a BLESSING all of it's own. When the weather clears up start enjoying the outdoors and fishing. You will be surprised how GREAT you will start feeling just getting out. You will also feel even GREATER catching a few fish. I strongly believe God chooses special people to work in hospitals and you Sir are one of them. As mentioned above tank you for your service. Start plaining your 2021 and enjoy the beauty of what God created. The GREAT OUTDOORS ! thumb

Side Note: Being in the great outdoors is also a great way to social distance ! cheers

Re: Cabin Fever - 02/11/21 11:36 AM

Thanks guys, not sure any of us see ourselves that way. We just happen to work in healthcare and then along comes rona. I almost made it through a 30 yr career without having to do something like this. My goal last year year was just to stay alive long enough to see a vaccine, I'm no spring chicken and I do work the rona unit. We try to rotate to avoid major burn out and we also have some dedicated "strac" guys to help with rona that were supplied by the gubment. Very much appreciated. But we are wearing a little thin. Things should start getting better.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Cabin Fever - 02/11/21 03:29 PM

Boocat there will be a lot of great days ahead this year. I am sure you will find the days that will easily fit into your schedule. The outdoors is calling your name. Hang in there. You will be fishing soon. woot

Side Note: Thank you and all of the others who work in the health care field. woot

Re: Cabin Fever - 02/11/21 04:03 PM

You bet, planning on maybe working just 2 days a week starting around the first of 2022, will be full S.S.

Re: Cabin Fever - 02/11/21 04:07 PM

I really need to try to go learn Ivie, not that far away. Pretty fishy lake compared to these rock holes I have around here.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Cabin Fever - 02/12/21 03:43 PM

Know the feeling quite well. The good news on my part I just got my second covid-19 shot and had no side effects. I am also starting to plan my spring fishing trips.
Posted By: psalty

Re: Cabin Fever - 02/12/21 05:36 PM

Congrats on results of 2nd shot. I hear from some that side effect from #2 are substantially felt compared to #1. Of course, for what its worth the current flu shots actually give me grief for a couple of days. But most Doc's say the older folks, that I belong to now need the protection. Best wishes for warmer weather fishing excursions and looking forward to good reports. clap
Posted By: catcrew68

Re: Cabin Fever - 02/12/21 06:00 PM

Boocat, I think you'll like Ivie! Lots of big fish of all spices.
Thanks to you and your coworkers for what you do for us. God bless!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Cabin Fever - 02/13/21 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Know the feeling quite well. The good news on my part I just got my second covid-19 shot and had no side effects. I am also starting to plan my spring fishing trips.

Awesome News. woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum