Texas Fishing Forum

New water

Posted By: gar1970

New water - 01/25/21 03:45 AM

We finally got access to a private part of the nueces river and decided to give it a try. Thats pot licker down there fishing the point [Linked Image]
We had to walk thru alot of brush and down the steep bank to get to the water but it was well worth it! We only fished for an hour but managed to catch a few gills and some bass
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I can hardly wait to drag our kayak down there and explore whats farther up and down river but of course we have to wait for warmer weather bang
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: New water - 01/25/21 04:11 AM

Place looks pretty good. Also is holding some nice fish. Good find ! thumb

Side Note: Hoping for a very wet February. banana
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: New water - 01/25/21 04:28 AM

Cant wait to go back! breakdance
Posted By: Luke57

Re: New water - 01/25/21 08:13 AM

Nice find
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: New water - 01/25/21 12:37 PM

Good looking stretch of river. Great find for sure.

Re: New water - 01/25/21 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Thanks for the reply Chuck! The area where this stretch of river is under extreme drought conditions. The water is 7ft low from normal flow. Praying for a wet February

Side note: there is an old abandoned steel bridge with a wooden floor spanning the river, really cool looking [Linked Image]
I'm assuming it was decommissioned because of some idiot decided to build a fire on the bridge. [Linked Image]
Yes that is drift wood on the bridge from when the river floods

eeks

Re: New water - 01/25/21 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pot licker
Cant wait to go back! breakdance

You'll be the first to know lol

Re: New water - 01/25/21 04:13 PM

Thanks Luke57 for your reply

Re: New water - 01/25/21 04:13 PM

Thanks Curt0407 for the reply
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: New water - 01/25/21 05:57 PM

coolphotos You all have some beautiful places to fish. Awesome post.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: New water - 01/25/21 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by gar1970
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Thanks for the reply Chuck! The area where this stretch of river is under extreme drought conditions. The water is 7ft low from normal flow. Praying for a wet February

Side note: there is an old abandoned steel bridge with a wooden floor spanning the river, really cool looking [Linked Image]
I'm assuming it was decommissioned because of some idiot decided to build a fire on the bridge. [Linked Image]
Yes that is drift wood on the bridge from when the river floods

eeks

coolphotos

Side Note: Praying for a very wet rest of the winter and spring! banana banana banana R.D. X 3.

Re: New water - 01/27/21 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
coolphotos You all have some beautiful places to fish. Awesome post.

Thank you for your reply Gitter Done! we are truly blessed to be able to fish God's beautiful creations angel
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: New water - 01/27/21 02:38 AM

Beautiful fish. Be very careful on that bridge. eeks
Posted By: Laker One

Re: New water - 01/27/21 11:43 AM

Always love fishing new water. it is like getting a present all wrapped up and ready to see what is inside. Great post and coolphotos Good job. woot

Re: New water - 01/27/21 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
Beautiful fish. Be very careful on that bridge. eeks

Thanks for the reply osbournfishing! We made sure to walk on the steel supports as there are some weak spots in the wood

Re: New water - 01/27/21 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Always love fishing new water. it is like getting a present all wrapped up and ready to see what is inside. Great post and coolphotos Good job. woot

Your description is spot on Laker! We almost took the day off today to go fish it but today is deer feerder filling day bang
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: New water - 01/27/21 08:33 PM

Great photo's! Another great day on the water for ya'll!

thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: New water - 01/28/21 01:57 PM

Your description is spot on Laker! We almost took the day off today to go fish it but today is deer feerder filling day bang

Yes Sir you have one nice office! "The Great Outdoors". woot

Re: New water - 01/28/21 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by F4Gator
Great photo's! Another great day on the water for ya'll!

thumb

Thanks F4Gator! Any day on the water is a good day fish

Re: New water - 01/28/21 02:19 PM

Yes Sir you have on nice office! "The Great Outdoors". woot
I was at a low point in my life when I asked God to take control of my life. The very next day he blessed me with this job. That was 19 years ago. I still can't thank him enough
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: New water - 01/28/21 03:16 PM

Gar1970, faith in a power greater than yourself, and a firm belief that no matter what happens in the future it will be OK, is the foundation of being happy in life. You are truly blessed to have employment you really like, living in Gods Country like you do, and having a lovely wife to share your passions like fishing, is beyond expectations. I really enjoy your posts, as you are an inspiration to us all. Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: psalty

Re: New water - 01/28/21 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Catyakker
Gar1970, faith in a power greater than yourself, and a firm belief that no matter what happens in the future it will be OK, is the foundation of being happy in life. You are truly blessed to have employment you really like, living in Gods Country like you do, and having a lovely wife to share your passions like fishing, is beyond expectations. I really enjoy your posts, as you are an inspiration to us all. Thanks for sharing. thumb

A firm AMEN here !

Jesus Is God’s Son
“Come, follow me, and I will make you fishers of men”
Matthew 4:19

Re: New water - 01/29/21 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by psalty
Originally Posted by Catyakker

A firm AMEN here !

Jesus Is God’s Son
“Come, follow me, and I will make you fishers of men”
Matthew 4:19

AMEN +2 I'm speechless
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum