Texas Fishing Forum

Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record !

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/16/21 10:44 PM

The Bluegill off season holds some very nice surprises. The 2020-2021 Rainbow Trout Stocking Season continues to produce top quality fish. Angler and good friend Stephen Fong of San Antonio landed a very nice Rainbow Trout which he caught on Live Oak City Lake. The Trout was 13.50" in length with a 7.5" Girth. The certified weight of the fish was 1.04 Lbs which is the pending Rainbow Trout weight record for Live Oak City Lake. The fish was caught on a Gold Super Duper Lure with a slow retrieve. Congratulations Steve.

Side Note: Steve' s nickname is the "Trout Zen" !

[Linked Image]

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/16/21 10:51 PM

My buddy Steve without a mask during safer times!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/16/21 10:52 PM

Congrats to Steve.
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/16/21 10:56 PM

Oh, oh, that little bitty pond sure gets crowded with folks with there surf rods, and catfish poles spooled with 50lb braid. Now I know why. roflmao They even have a duck running around with a Super Duper stuck in his foot. Guess that Duck knows what to use. Congratulations to Steve, that is one good sized stocker trout. thumb
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/17/21 12:18 AM

Awesome! Congratulations Steve cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/17/21 02:58 PM

Wow: Live Oak Lake ! Congratulations Steve. They stocked a BIG ONE there for sure! He SMACHED the old record of .75 LBS set a while back. Again one "Super Catch" and congratulations on your pending record! flehan

Side Note: Do you know how many trout Parks & Wildlife stocks that are over 13"? What has been the biggest trout you have seen caught at a stocking? What is you P.B. stocker trout? noidea

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/17/21 03:00 PM

Oh yea! Nice Bluegill! woot
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/17/21 03:10 PM

Congrats Steve cheers

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/17/21 05:05 PM

Thanks for the replies. Curtis: I do not know the number of 13 plus inch trout that are stocked. I do know they put a lot in all throughout the state. I have seen over the years 20 plus inch trout that were stocked in various places. I have seen a 20 inch trout caught by an angler two years ago. My biggest stocked trout was 18 inches caught last year. Just received the weight waterbody record. My fifth fish for my Elite Angler Award was a 15.5" Rainbow Trout caught years ago on the Guadalupe River. Love fishing this time of year. thumb
Posted By: BigJoeTx1212

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/17/21 05:42 PM

Nice record Trout Zen. I haven't measured any of the trout we've caught but I might start just to see.

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/18/21 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by BigJoeTx1212
Nice record Trout Zen. I haven't measured any of the trout we've caught but I might start just to see.

Minimum weight for a weight record is .50 Lbs. Minimum Length for a Rainbow Trout Catch & Release Record is 15". thumb
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/19/21 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Wow: Live Oak Lake ! Congratulations Steve. They stocked a BIG ONE there for sure! He SMACHED the old record of .75 LBS set a while back. Again one "Super Catch" and congratulations on your pending record! flehan

Side Note: Do you know how many trout Parks & Wildlife stocks that are over 13"? What has been the biggest trout you have seen caught at a stocking? What is you P.B. stocker trout? noidea

In a fish breeding program, the older fish are rotated out to improve productivity. These fish are often included in the stocking program, so there is always a chance at catching a big fish. In 2014, I was fishing without a reel and landed the Other Methods state record rainbow trout. It was 22.5 inches long and weighed 4.75 pounds.

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/19/21 04:16 AM

That is a beautiful rainbow trout. And those sunfish aren’t to shabby either. woot

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/19/21 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
Originally Posted by Laker One

In a fish breeding program, the older fish are rotated out to improve productivity. These fish are often included in the release program, so there is always a chance at catching a big fish. In 2014, I was fishing without a reel and landed the Other Methods state record rainbow trout. It was 22.5 inches long and weighed 4.75 pounds.

Wow. That was a HUGE STOCKER for sure! Congratulations! flehan

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/22/21 03:35 AM

If you have a hook in the water long enough you will stumble across a good one. roflmao
Posted By: Holzer

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/22/21 07:03 PM

Nice fish!
cheers
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/23/21 01:19 AM

fabulous

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/24/21 08:10 PM

Thanks for the all of the replies! thumb

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 01/26/21 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Thanks for the replies. Curtis: I do not know the number of 13 plus inch trout that are stocked. I do know they put a lot in all throughout the state. I have seen over the years 20 plus inch trout that were stocked in various places. I have seen a 20 inch trout caught by an angler two years ago. My biggest stocked trout was 18 inches caught last year. Just received the weight waterbody record. My fifth fish for my Elite Angler Award was a 15.5" Rainbow Trout caught years ago on the Guadalupe River. Love fishing this time of year. thumb

I have noticed the overall quality of trout being stocked this year is slightly better than the last stocking season. I wish Parks & Wildlife would stock the 13 plus in the Canyon Trail Race area of the Guadalupe. There their chances of yearly survival would be good. I also know that the Striped Bass would love to see that happen. I have plans this upcoming summer to fish for Rainbow Trout on the Guadalupe River. woot

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 02/02/21 11:11 AM

I agree with you Curtis. Also hope you get one of those 24 plus inch "Trophy Trout" this summer! coolio
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 02/05/21 03:31 PM

Congratulations Steve on your record Rainbow Trout! That is a super nice fish.

Side Note: How many trout records do you guys have?

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 02/11/21 11:56 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers As for Rainbow Trout records. We have a few between us. Steve is always gunning for my records. whip
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 02/21/21 04:18 PM

Not a surprise at all that I did not get an exact number. I do know the count continues.

Re: Rainbow Trout Waterbody Record ! - 02/24/21 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Not a surprise at all that I did not get an exact number. I do know the count continues.

Yes. The count continues. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum