Texas Fishing Forum

Rio Grand Cichlids

Posted By: bigworm

Rio Grand Cichlids - 01/15/21 11:37 PM

In San Antonio for the weekend. Anyone know of a good spot to catch the Rio Grand Cichlids. Would love to knock it off my bucket list.
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Rio Grand Cichlids - 01/16/21 02:56 AM

Regardless of the water body, Rio's will be hard to comeby this time of the year. Not to say impossible, as I saw a 8" caught last month, but it was during a warm spell in a drainage ditch. Sure wish you could make it down here between later part of April through the first half of Nov, I could pretty much guarantee you a Rio after the water warms up. fish
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Rio Grand Cichlids - 01/16/21 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Catyakker
Regardless of the water body, Rio's will be hard to comeby this time of the year. Not to say impossible, as I saw a 8" caught last month, but it was during a warm spell in a drainage ditch. Sure wish you could make it down here between later part of April through the first half of Nov, I could pretty much guarantee you a Rio after the water warms up. fish

Could have not had said it any better! cheers

Side Note: We had a great year in 2020 as far as the Rio bite goes. Caught plenty of Trophy Rios from late April till early November! thumb
Posted By: bigworm

Re: Rio Grand Cichlids - 01/16/21 01:51 PM

Thank you for the update. Will put the pole back in the trunk.
Posted By: Flags

Re: Rio Grand Cichlids - 01/16/21 02:42 PM

Rios are on my bucket list. Hope to get down south this summer to try and scratch that itch. Maybe one of the rio experts here would help an old retired navy chief get into them?
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Rio Grand Cichlids - 01/16/21 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Flags
Rios are on my bucket list. Hope to get down south this summer to try and scratch that itch. Maybe one of the rio experts here would help an old retired navy chief get into them?

There are a lot of them that post here. Maybe one will put the offer in. I know chuck BAF is always taking someone out to catch a Rio. I know you will get an offer or two. If not I will be offer #1. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Rio Grand Cichlids - 01/16/21 04:21 PM

Love those Rio post. This time of year they are pretty hard to find. hide2
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Rio Grand Cichlids - 01/16/21 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Flags

When ever you are READY give me a shout. Will love to put you on some good Rios. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum