Texas Fishing Forum

Most Common? Sunfish Poll !

Posted By: Laker One

Most Common? Sunfish Poll ! - 01/07/21 11:15 AM

What was the most common sunfish you caught during 2020? noidea

Posted By: Vogey

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/07/21 01:14 PM

I voted for bluegill & would put them in this order. 1) native bluegill 2) coppernose 3) red ear 4) hybrid
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/07/21 02:38 PM

Since I sneak and follow Steve around to all his Fayette fishing hot spots, I will have to vote the same. roflmao
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/07/21 06:14 PM

I voted Bluegill with Redear coming in a very close second. Had one very good Redear year! thumb
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/07/21 06:38 PM

Bluegill.
Posted By: BigJoeTx1212

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/08/21 06:42 PM

The creek behind my house is all bluegills. Our go to pond near by has redears but it has so many bluegills you can't get past them. We have a pond on a gas lease close by that is full of big warmouths but the lease company changed last year and the new company won't let anyone fish it. The previous lease company was really nice, they posted their number on the gate and if you called they would come out and open the gate to let us fish.

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/08/21 06:49 PM

Bluegill because they love hanging around crappie! woot
Posted By: psalty

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/08/21 09:46 PM

I thought heading subject was referring to type of pole. Actually couldn't fish this year due to back issues but definitely dreamed on the bluegill. Actual spelling is Sunfish Poll thumb

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/08/21 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by psalty
I thought heading subject was referring to type of pole. Actually couldn't fish this year due to back issues but definitely dreamed on the bluegill. Actual spelling is Sunfish Poll thumb

Thank you Sir. Correction made. hammer
Posted By: psalty

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/08/21 10:50 PM

Looking forward to the results on this one and hopefully I can participate in real fishing this year !
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/09/21 03:30 PM

Bluegill by mistake. Caught it on a lure while fishing for Striped Bass!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/09/21 05:19 PM

Looks like Bluegill by a "Long Shot"! partyon
Posted By: strangetamer90

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/10/21 07:20 AM

You guys are lucky to hook up some bluegills. I am usually stuck with greens. They never get as big as bluegills. I run across a few hybrids here and there.

Re: Most Common? Sunfish Pole! - 01/10/21 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by strangetamer90
You guys are lucky to hook up some bluegills. I am usually stuck with greens. They never get as big as bluegills. I run across a few hybrids here and there.

That is what is neat fishing for sunfish. They all fight good on the ultra light when you find them on matter what size they are. boxing
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum