Texas Fishing Forum

Five on the Fly !

Posted By: Laker One

Five on the Fly ! - 12/23/20 06:50 PM

Caught these this morning all on the FLY! Sinking Yellow Lady Bug did the trick. The Guadalupe River is loaded with Rainbow Trout! woot

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Five on the Fly ! - 12/23/20 11:57 PM

Nice limit on a fly. Your right, the Gaud is the only river in Tx which has year around trout fishing and they do reproduce down to the 3rd Crossing. I've caught several, on a fly, which were around 3 inches long several years ago. And I've caught a bunch over the summer months, many on Caddis Dry flies, on the Gaud. (the trout didn't seem bothered by the Tubers, just find a break between them and cast away. laugh
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Five on the Fly ! - 12/24/20 12:15 AM

Well done.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Five on the Fly ! - 12/24/20 11:07 AM

Nice fish Curtis. Yes Sir the Guadalupe River is loaded with Rainbow Trout! thumb

Good job getting em on a Fly Rod! hooked

Re: Five on the Fly ! - 12/24/20 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Catyakker
Nice limit on a fly. Your right, the Gaud is the only river in Tx which has year around trout fishing and they do reproduce down to the 3rd Crossing. I've caught several, on a fly, which were around 3 inches long several years ago. And I've caught a bunch over the summer months, many on Caddis Dry flies, on the Gaud. (the trout didn't seem bothered by the Tubers, just find a break between them and cast away. laugh

Totally Agree! woot

Side Note: I have Caddis dry flies. Will use them next time trout fishing ! Any suggested color/s. noidea
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Five on the Fly ! - 12/24/20 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One

Totally Agree! woot

Side Note: I have Caddis dry flies. Will use them next time trout fishing ! Any suggested color/s. noidea

I just tie mine using Deer hair rather than Elk and in natural colors. Best of luck to you. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Five on the Fly ! - 12/26/20 06:01 PM

Good job Laker!

Re: Five on the Fly ! - 12/27/20 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One

Totally Agree! woot

I just tie mine using Deer hair rather than Elk and in natural colors. Best of luck to you. thumb

Thanks! woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum