Texas Fishing Forum

Dried Out Power Bait

Posted By: Catyakker

Dried Out Power Bait - 11/29/20 06:48 PM

Well it is about time to hit the trout trail. As usual, I began to take inventory (for the 5h time) and discovered a couple of 1/2 full Power Bait jars in which the contents were very dry and crumbly. Even though I had several new jars, I felt rather hesitant of just throwing these out and wondered if maybe they can be restored. Surfing the net I discovered many ways of doing this, but most involved everything from adding Sardine Oil, Mineral Oil, super sent of various brands, and what not. But I found one way, that was very simple. Tried it and was very happy to report it worked. Take the Jar, make an indent in the middle of the bait. Add hot water just enough to fill the indent and tightly screw on the lid. Leave overnight and you'll have brand new bait, smell and consistency.(I know, I'm a cheap skate) and most likely everyone knew about this method but me, but what the heck, I thought I would share anyway.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Dried Out Power Bait - 11/29/20 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Catyakker
Well it is about time to hit the trout trail. As usual, I began to take inventory (for the 5h time) and discovered a couple of 1/2 full Power Bait jars in which the contents were very dry and crumbly. Even though I had several new jars, I felt rather hesitant of just throwing these out and wondered if maybe they can be restored. Surfing the net I discovered many ways of doing this, but most involved everything from adding Sardine Oil, Mineral Oil, super sent of various brands, and what not. But I found one way, that was very simple. Tried it and was very happy to report it worked. Take the Jar, make an indent in the middle of the bait. Add hot water just enough to fill the indent and tightly screw on the lid. Leave overnight and you'll have brand new bait, smell and consistency.(I know, I'm a cheap skate) and most likely everyone knew about this method but me, but what the heck, I thought I would share anyway.

bannana2 bannana2 bannana2

Thanks Rick for the information. Good to know! thumb
Posted By: jagg

Re: Dried Out Power Bait - 11/29/20 09:29 PM

That’s a neat trick to revive that stuff. thumb It’s too expensive to throw away, like you said. Give it new life and put it to work!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Dried Out Power Bait - 12/01/20 02:13 PM

Great idea. Will keep this in mind. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Dried Out Power Bait - 12/01/20 02:50 PM

That can save you money! Neat idea.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Dried Out Power Bait - 12/02/20 01:40 AM

Nice!
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Dried Out Power Bait - 12/05/20 10:02 PM

I will give it a try tonight. I found two new jars have dried out.
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Dried Out Power Bait - 12/05/20 11:54 PM

Best of luck Bill, I used my restored bait yesterday and it worked just fine. Thanks to all above for your replies. smile
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum