Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette 11-9-2020

Posted By: Vogey

Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/10/20 03:27 AM

Fished Fayette today with Doc...We fished pretty much the whole day & ended up with around 20 bass...3 nice catfish, 4 tilapia & around 25 smallish bluegill. Water temp was mid to high 80s in the discharge area & mid 70s everywhere else. Water level was around a foot low as compared to summer levels. Bass were caught on Tsunami 2" swimbaits, Culprit 6 inch worms & Gulp Alive 1" minnows. Two of the catfish were caught on Gulp Alive 1" minnows & the other one was caught on worms. All of the Tilapia were caught on worms & around half of the bluegill were caught on worms & the other half on the Gulp Alives...Beautiful day to be on the water ! [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/10/20 04:04 AM

Im heading there tomorrow. Hope to do as well as you guys did today. Im probably just going to target bass, but if they dont cooperate I will break out the bluegill stuff.. Did you guys keep anything to eat.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/10/20 04:36 AM

coolphotos As always. Nice fish and a super variety. Good job guys. thumb

Side Note: Still catching some gills! Were that at the same depth as last week? Just curious. noidea

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/10/20 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by TomRom
Im heading there tomorrow. Hope to do as well as you guys did today. Im probably just going to target bass, but if they dont cooperate I will break out the bluegill stuff.. Did you guys keep anything to eat.

Hope you post a report. Hope you get em. hooked
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/10/20 01:40 PM

Very nice. That lake has been very good to you guys.

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/10/20 02:06 PM

Tom...We did not keep anything to eat, but thought about it with the catfish. Just fyi...we had a hot flurry of activity in the trees between 4 & 5pm. We both got broke off (on back to back casts) with good fish (using the deep trees to their advantage). They moved into the trees late, because they were not there in the morning.

Chuck..Yes...the bluegill were around the same depts...8-12 feet with a few a little shallower.

Curt...It really has. There are definite advantages to having a "home lake" . I have fished this lake since opening day in the 1970s and know it pretty well...however still learn something new almost every trip.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/10/20 06:27 PM

Great fishing guys!

Side Note: Vogey. What month is the best bass bite. (On Fayette)

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/10/20 10:18 PM

Gitter ...I like Feb for BIG Bass & March April for numbers...May can be awesome as well, but starting mid March I am pretty much converting over to the sunfish extravaganza...

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/11/20 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Tom...We did not keep anything to eat, but thought about it with the catfish. Just fyi...we had a hot flurry of activity in the trees between 4 & 5pm. We both got broke off (on back to back casts) with good fish (using the deep trees to their advantage). They moved into the trees late, because they were not there in the morning.

Chuck..Yes...the bluegill were around the same depts...8-12 feet with a few a little shallower.

Curt...It really has. There are definite advantages to having a "home lake" . I have fished this lake since opening day in the 1970s and know it pretty well...however still learn something new almost every trip.

Thanks Steve. I am kind of keeping track. Good information to know. thumb

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/11/20 11:59 AM

The bite was slower for me than last week for sure. It did not pick until the afternoon. I found fish where they were nasty week it they were not interested. I boated 12 bass and lost about that many as well. I fished some for bluegills and they definitely were not interested. I saw two guides with afternoon trips so based on that and when I was getting bites, the afternoon bite was more productive.

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/11/20 02:30 PM

Tom...What type of water were the guides fishing ? Trees, offshore, points, creek channels, intake, discharge, dam ???
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/11/20 02:53 PM

The "Masters of Fayette" strike again. Good job guys. Glad to see some Bluegills still making the catch. It will be interesting to see how long this goes as it gets colder. cheers
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/11/20 05:51 PM

It was great to get out on the water Monday with Steve. Had a great time. Weather was fabulous. I actually caught 3 tilapia on BOC, my first time to catch tilapia on bait. I caught 3 in 3 casts and then no more ! Not sure what's up with that. We caught some bluegill but a shadow of what we were doing earlier this year. Still fun tho ! Some nice leaf color change starting around the lake.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/11/20 08:13 PM

I love fishing this time of year Doc. Like you said some leaf color changes are taking place. thumb

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/11/20 11:00 PM

Steve. They were fishing offshore mainly. They seem to mostly fish CRigs with their clients because it’s easy for clients. They don’t use baits that cost a lot of money.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/12/20 01:41 AM

Awesome post Vogey! You guys always catch really nice fish there on Fayette. cheers

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/12/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Gitter ...I like Feb for BIG Bass & March April for numbers...May can be awesome as well, but starting mid March I am pretty much converting over to the sunfish extravaganza...

Thanks Vogey!

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/12/20 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by doctorxring

It was great to get out on the water Monday with Steve. Had a great time. Weather was fabulous. I actually caught 3 tilapia on BOC, my first time to catch tilapia on bait. I caught 3 in 3 casts and then no more ! Not sure what's up with that. We caught some bluegill but a shadow of what we were doing earlier this year. Still fun tho ! Some nice leaf color change starting around the lake.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Awesome.

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/14/20 02:12 AM

Well I went to Fayette today. Normally I don't do Fridays but the weather was so nice and quite frankly the fall bite for me has been pretty good especially compared to last year. It was surprising how crowded the lake was. Got on the water about 7:15 and idled because of the fog over to where I eventually spent most of the day. The fish lit up the LiveScope and I started catching them pretty good. Put over 40 in the boat. I had a group of boats (3) that all new each other came over and literally fished right beside me. I just let them fish. They were not throwing what I was using plus I always was casting to where the fish were moving on my LiveScope. They stayed literally 25 to 50 feet away from me for quite sometime. I did ask them nicely to make sure they did not hit my boat when they were casting in my direction. Haha. It was such a nice day and I was catching fish so I was not going to let it bother me. I cheered them on when they hooked up as well. Good day on the water. Probably will head back next Monday or Tuesday.

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/14/20 02:58 AM

Tom...When I went outside this morning I had a feeling today would be good...it just felt right. Over 40 is a killer day ! Hope it's not as crowded next week...

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/14/20 04:01 AM

Originally Posted by TomRom
Well I went to Fayette today. Normally I don't do Fridays but the weather was so nice and quite frankly the fall bite for me has been pretty good especially compared to last year. It was surprising how crowded the lake was. Got on the water about 7:15 and idled because of the fog over to where I eventually spent most of the day. The fish lit up the LiveScope and I started catching them pretty good. Put over 40 in the boat. I had a group of boats (3) that all new each other came over and literally fished right beside me. I just let them fish. They were not throwing what I was using plus I always was casting to where the fish were moving on my LiveScope. They stayed literally 25 to 50 feet away from me for quite sometime. I did ask them nicely to make sure they did not hit my boat when they were casting in my direction. Haha. It was such a nice day and I was catching fish so I was not going to let it bother me. I cheered them on when they hooked up as well. Good day on the water. Probably will head back next Monday or Tuesday.

thumb

Re: Fayette 11-9-2020 - 11/14/20 01:49 PM

Thanks guys. I would have moved around more but the lake was crowded and I was catching fish where I was at. One thing I have to say is I have been getting a lot more enjoyment out of my fishing since I got rid of that "tournament attitude" about people crowding me. Dont get me wrong I work hard not to do that but I looked at this way, these guys were just trying to enjoy the day and catch some fish too. So I just struck up a conversation with them. Besides I dont have a fishing buddy since my Katy fishing friend moved to Toledo Bend and all my other buds dont like to fish. Fishing by yourself most of the time makes me appreciate a little company even if they are in another boat. Haha
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum