Texas Fishing Forum

Possible Additional Stocking At Fayette

Posted By: TomRom

Possible Additional Stocking At Fayette - 10/18/20 09:18 PM

I exchanged messages with the fish biologist for Fayette. I was asking if he had done any studies to show where the bluegill set up residence during the winter months. He said their shocking surveys show that most hang out in the 12 to 15 foot range. He said some also move deeper than that. Im going to see if I can find some with my Garmin livescope system. More than likely I will fish for bass first and look for the gills if that bass bite is not productive. I know two times last year I was out in deeper water using a feathered tipped jigging spoon and I was getting bit like crazy but no hookups. The tail feather on the spoon really took a beating. So I figure they were bluegill. I got some smaller feathered jigging spoons that should work really well. Anyway, Im going to give it a try. He also said that they put in a request for more bluegills and catfish to stock the lake. He did not know if their request will get approved or not, but I hope it gets approved. It seems the fishing for catfish is nowhere it use to be.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Possible Additional Stocking At Fayette - 10/18/20 11:04 PM

There is on doubt in my mind that you, Steve aka Vogey, and the other "Gill Busters" that fish Fayette will find them! Awesome post and thanks for sharing the information. thumb

Side Note: A Parks& Wildlife Biologist is a GREAT source of information! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Possible Additional Stocking At Fayette - 10/19/20 12:33 PM

That is some possible very good news. woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum