Texas Fishing Forum

Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) .

Posted By: Laker One

Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 09/28/20 01:03 PM

Fished Lake Mcqueeney on one of my three days off last week. Myself and fishing buddy Jeff launched from Treasure Island. We fished from 9am till 3p and caught a bunch of bass, crappie, sunfish, Channel Cats, and a few Rios. Estimated about 75 fish in all. The bass were caught using small crank baits and soft plastics in holes of 10 to 12 feet. Sunfish were located by brush piles and docks in 8 to 12 feet of water. Gulp Alive Leaches on a drop shot worked very well. Also the Channel Cat's and Rio's were caught on the leaches. Crappie were caught by brush piles and dock slips in 10 to 16 feet of water. Jigs Chartreuse/Pink were the color of choice. Most fish were released but we kept a few for dinner . Fishing my home lake with buddy Jeff is always a pleasure! woot

[Linked Image]
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 09/28/20 02:06 PM

cheers
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 09/28/20 03:02 PM

Its always fun fishing with friends! thumb
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 09/28/20 03:58 PM

Curtis...Great report...9-3...I see you like to sleep in sleep How is the boat traffic on MQ these days ?
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 09/28/20 05:27 PM

Dinner time. Nice fish Laker. Good job guys.

Side Note: How much fishing pressure has Mcqueeney gotten this year?
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 09/28/20 05:48 PM

Good post Laker One! I see a tasty dinner in the future food
Posted By: JohnF67

Re: Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 09/28/20 06:18 PM

I just realized based on the size of a tail gate how big those catfish are...or are those Long Whiskered Sunfish?
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 09/28/20 06:52 PM

Nice report and pictures. thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 09/29/20 02:48 AM

Great seeing a Mcqueeney post. Good job guys. thumb

Side Note: Have you fished the far west end? noidea

Re: Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 09/29/20 01:04 PM

Thanks for the replies. Vogey: The boat traffic has been moderate all throughout the summer. Heavy on the weekends. It has lightened up during the weekdays a couple of weeks ago. Weekends have been a circus. Gitter: The fishing pressure has not been that bad. Most boats are ski and wake boats. A wake boat is a kayakers worst enemy. nuts

Chuck: Have not fished the far west end. I do have plans fishing it this week if all goes well. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 09/30/20 01:54 PM

Thanks Laker! I figure that Mcqueeney is mostly a private lake and fishing pressure is not that big of a factor.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 10/01/20 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Thanks for the replies. Vogey: The boat traffic has been moderate all throughout the summer. Heavy on the weekends. It has lightened up during the weekdays a couple of weeks ago. Weekends have been a circus. Gitter: The fishing pressure has not been that bad. Most boats are ski and wake boats. A wake boat is a kayakers worst enemy. nuts

Chuck: Have not fished the far west end. I do have plans fishing it this week if all goes well. woot

I personally have not fished there in a couple of years. It was very good back then. Would love to get a updated repot. Let me know how you do! thumb

Re: Mcqueeney ! (A Good Variety) . - 10/01/20 12:51 PM

Will let ya know! woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum