Texas Fishing Forum

Mask Bandits !

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Mask Bandits ! - 09/25/20 04:10 PM

Touched based with a very good friend of mine, Mark, who's place I have fished several times. He owns the "Mason Ranch" deep in the hart of Texas. There are three ponds on the ranch. One pond is brand new and has no fish in it. The other two ponds have both Channel Cats, Blue Cats, and Sunfish in them. My friend wanted to transfer some fish from the two ponds to the new pond and invited me and a friend to help. Due the Corona Virus and me having a cold along with my friend going through a medical procedure mask were to be worn at all times. I was more than happy to comply. I met my good buddy Steve who took his own car and followed me to to the ranch. Beautiful Oak trees, green grass, and a nice Texas breeze greeted us. We fished from 10am till 2pm and caught plenty of BIG Channel Cats. We caught good numbers of catfish and transported them to a 30 gallon tank for the short ride to their new home. We caught about 50 fish total which included some small Bluegill. Most were transported and a few were released back into their original ponds. Steve also kept a few for the dinner table. Mary who is a close friend of Mark's also caught some nice fish. Having yet another great day fishing deep in the Hart of Texas! It just don't get any better! fish

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Posted By: gar1970

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 09/25/20 05:40 PM

Those are nice cats! WTG Chuck
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 09/25/20 05:56 PM

WOW!!!! I bet o'l Steve was mighty happy with fillets off of Catfish that size. grin

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 09/25/20 06:12 PM

Thanks Leo and Rick for the replies. Rick: Yes he was! food
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 09/25/20 06:27 PM

Hey, those are funny looking sunfish roflmao That looks like a great day.
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 09/25/20 07:19 PM

Nice looking fish Chuck! Hope you get to feeling better soon. thumb
Posted By: jagg

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 09/25/20 09:07 PM

That's a nice group of eaters right there! Super Deal!!

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 09/25/20 09:50 PM

Thanks Barry, Yesenia, and Torry for the replies. cheers Barry: We used the sunfish for bait! hooked
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 09/26/20 02:02 AM

Perfect fillet size & mighty tasty food
Posted By: Robert D Henderson

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 09/26/20 03:14 AM

Nice fish Chuck. I just caught a large catfish at Live Oak, wish you were here to get me a certified weight for the records.

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 10/12/20 04:16 AM

Thanks Steve and Robert for the replies. Robert! Huge Congratulations on your pending record Channel Catfish caught on Live Oak Lake. The fish was 32" in length and weighed 20.5 Lbs. bow_down

Side Note: Glad I was able to weigh it ! Again super fish and congratulations! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 10/16/20 11:46 AM

One nice ranch. Nice fish. Great job guys for helping to move some fish to another pond. woot

Side Note: Has your friend stocked any sunfish in any of those ponds. noidea

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 10/23/20 10:38 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. cheers My friend had two of his three ponds stocked a few weeks ago. Bass, Copper Nose Bluegill, and Redear. The newest pond is 10 feet deep with rock and grass beds. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 10/28/20 02:04 PM

Looks like some GREAT fishing ahead! woot

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 11/07/20 10:46 AM

Yes Sir. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 11/16/20 05:22 PM

Love those "Mason Ranch Post". Looks like your buddy is developing some nice fishing holes. Are you going to talk him into putting any Rios in those ponds.

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 11/25/20 11:03 AM

Have not mentioned the Rios. Not a bad idea! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 12/01/20 02:49 PM

Let me know if you guys put them in.

Re: Mask Bandits ! - 12/11/20 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Let me know if you guys put them in.

Will do. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum