Texas Fishing Forum

If you’ve ever wondered...

Posted By: jagg

If you’ve ever wondered... - 09/17/20 08:40 PM

what’s above the dam @ Faust Street Bridge, this will give you some idea. There are definitely some big fish (bass, sunfish and Rios)and the water is a lot deeper and more quiet. You could probably be in the confluence of the Comal within 30 minutes of moderate paddling as long as the flow is around normal. Bigger, heavier jigs seemed to be the trick or thin, deep dive minnow baits or heavier spinnerbaits w/willow blades. Hopefully y’all can put the info to use! Stay safe, y’all!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: If you’ve ever wondered... - 09/17/20 09:36 PM

Nice post and video. Awesome job. thumb

Side Note: I do not know how far up you went but where the Comal comes into the Guadalupe there is some pretty good fish there! cheers
Posted By: Laker One

Re: If you’ve ever wondered... - 09/18/20 02:40 PM

Enjoyed the video. I have not fished that area in a while but have fished it many times in the past. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: If you’ve ever wondered... - 09/19/20 01:28 PM

Nice video. As always thanks for sharing.
Posted By: jagg

Re: If you’ve ever wondered... - 09/25/20 08:38 PM

I sure appreciate it very much y'all!

I hear ya Chuck! I was unsure of my bearings and location on the Guadalupe until I got to a spot I recognized from when I had taken a float down from a river park in New Braunfels last year that put me right down from the confluence of the Guad and the Comal. Once I saw that landmark, I knew exactly where I was and how far I was from the Comal and some other spots I could've gone.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum