Texas Fishing Forum

Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered)

Posted By: Vogey

Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 03:41 AM

Fished with Doc today on Fayette with water temp from 90-93 degrees & lake level full. Fished from Daybreak until 5pm. Winds light most of the day/partly cloudy & not too hot. It was just one of those days...I call Doc my "good luck charm" because whenever we fish together good things happen. Today we caught 1 catfish, 1 tilapia, 3 small bass, 7 Rios, and 500 sunfish (512 fish total)...shattering our old personal best day of 313 sunnies. Highlights of the day were Doc catching a 1 lb 1 oz gil that went over 10 inches, and finding a new spot that was loaded with bluegill & red ear. All fish caught on Gulp Alive minnows...between the 2 of us we went through 5 jars of minnows today...colors used were black shad, chartreuse shad, emerald shiner, watermelon pearl & I think one other I can't remember. It really didn't matter what color you threw at em...All fish released... [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flags

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 12:17 PM

Man I have got to get down to that lake.
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 12:49 PM

Well done guys. Some great looking fish you guys caught.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 01:42 PM

512,512,512, ! Holy Cow and totally AWESOME!

GREAT job guys. bow_down

Side Note: Are there still spawning signs on Fayette? noidea

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 01:49 PM

Flags...Let me know when you are coming...will be happy to give you some tips...
Thanks Curt0407 for the reply.
Curtis...Yes they are...lots of squirting going on yesterday !
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 02:08 PM

You and Doc are a Bluegills biggest NIGHTMARE! Awesome post! flehan

Side Note: How deep were the Rios?
Posted By: SK.

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 04:07 PM

Good without thinking that was a fun filled catchn trip right there.... Hogs..... thumb
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 04:21 PM

That's a lot of fish!
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 04:59 PM

WOW!!! I'm glad I don't use Gulp Alive minnows, the entire population is going to be trained to be aware of them roflmao

Great day, you don't get many calm and cloudy days on Fayette. Special days mean special results. I knew it was going to be a great day of fishing when I woke up yesterday. The fish were biting like crazy in the ponds yesterday evening. I bet today will be even better.
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
512,512,512, ! Holy Cow and totally AWESOME!

GREAT job guys. bow_down

Side Note: Are there still spawning signs on Fayette? noidea

x2
thumb
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 06:29 PM

It was an amazing day. It was like the perch kept sending in reinforcements to battle the Gulp Minnows. A sustained bite for 10 hours !

It goes both ways Steve. Always good times and success when we go.

The other version of Gulp Alive minnow we used was Luma Glow. And yes, it does glow in the dark ! grin

This is a pic of an interesting hybrid we caught. Looks like it is part Green Sunfish --

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RipDaLips

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 06:42 PM

When I was a kid fishing on Toledo bend with Dad, he used to call those "Titty Bream" ! lol

There were so big, you had to hold them to your chest to get the hook out, thus the term.

Nice work guys!
Posted By: catcrew68

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 08:06 PM

You two are A W E S O M E! Bluegill don't have a chance!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/21/20 09:22 PM

Steve you have lost your name the "Master of Fayette". With Doc in the action I am calling the both of you. "The MASTERS" of Fayette! cheers

Nice SLABS and as always a SUPER Job. bow_down
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/22/20 01:10 AM

Golly...Double WOW. Let's assume you spent 12 hours on the water catching 512 Fish. That's a little over 42 fish per hour. With two fisherman, that's 21 fish each per hour. Now if I could ever catch 21 fish in an hour, that would be a little over two fish per minute, or 30 seconds per fish. Shucks I can't even get the hook out most times, in 30 seconds. hammer As Chuck would say, "it just don't get any better than that". Don't get too angry at me for checking. Most likely my calculator like my head, just don't work properly. At any rate that is one heck of a haul. Super congratulations to both of you. soldier
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/22/20 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by doctorxring
It was an amazing day. It was like the perch kept sending in reinforcements to battle the Gulp Minnows. A sustained bite for 10 hours !

It goes both ways Steve. Always good times and success when we go.

The other version of Gulp Alive minnow we used was Luma Glow. And yes, it does glow in the dark ! grin

This is a pic of an interesting hybrid we caught. Looks like it is part Green Sunfish --
[Linked Image]

That redear x green sunfish is a beauty.
clap

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/22/20 01:30 AM

Thanks SK , Bill, Jamie Cat & Chuck for the replies...

Gitter...The Rios were 8-12 feet deep holding close to the rock piles.

Rip...Titty Bream...made me lol...I actually hold them against the side of my body for the big ones. My clothes smell so bad from the fish, fish pee & Gulps that my wife makes me put my fishing clothes DIRECTLY in the washer when I get home...I don't blame her...They STINK !

Caytacker...We did some calculations on the way home & I think came up with a fish around every 70 seconds. And I think it was actually better than that if you consider travel time from spot to spot. We had too many doubles to keep track of & at one point Doc tied on a double drop shot with 2 minnows one above another, & had several casts where he caught 2 on one cast.
Posted By: pop r

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/22/20 04:18 PM

Awesome job guys! cheers bow_down
Posted By: JohnF67

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/22/20 08:12 PM

bow_down

I almost feel sorry for the fish when you two head to Fayette.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/22/20 10:00 PM

WOW!! 512 is EPIC!! cheers Now that`s what I call Gittinum!

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/23/20 02:55 AM

Thanks for the replies Fishbonz, JohnF, & Pop r...we had a blast & looking forward to next week.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/23/20 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey

Flags...Let me know when you are coming...will be happy to give you some tips...
Thanks Curt0407 for the reply.
Curtis...Yes they are...lots of squirting going on yesterday !

Thanks Vogey. It would not surprise me at all to see another spawn in late August!
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/24/20 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Thanks SK , Bill, Jamie Cat & Chuck for the replies...

Gitter...The Rios were 8-12 feet deep holding close to the rock piles.

Rip...Titty Bream...made me lol...I actually hold them against the side of my body for the big ones. My clothes smell so bad from the fish, fish pee & Gulps that my wife makes me put my fishing clothes DIRECTLY in the washer when I get home...I don't blame her...They STINK !

Caytacker...We did some calculations on the way home & I think came up with a fish around every 70 seconds. And I think it was actually better than that if you consider travel time from spot to spot. We had too many doubles to keep track of & at one point Doc tied on a double drop shot with 2 minnows one above another, & had several casts where he caught 2 on one cast.

Thanks Vogey!
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/24/20 10:45 PM

Wooooo now thats my kinda fishing!! cheers

Re: Fayette 7/20/20 (Record Shattered) - 07/25/20 01:30 AM

Thanks Pot Licker...I think we have it pretty good where we live !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum