Texas Fishing Forum

Change of Pace. Slow day!

Posted By: Laker One

Change of Pace. Slow day! - 07/11/20 01:50 PM

Changed up the scenery and fished a small hill country river this week. I was with my trusted buddy Jeff. We fished from kayaks between 7am and 12 noon and only caught 10 fish. 8 sunfish and 2 bass. We only had one in the 8" range which was a Bluegill. The rest were in 5 to 7 inch range which included Redbreast, and Hybrid Sunfish. The two bass were small and were in 12" range. Rooster Tails white in color with a medium retrieve got the best results. Anytime on the water is a good time but catching more fish would have made it even better. On a good note there was only one other kayak that we saw on the water. woot

Side Note: Will be chasing crappie the next few weeks! Also hope to get some nice Bluegill hanging with them. hooked
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Change of Pace. Slow day! - 07/11/20 02:24 PM

Agree with you. Whether catching or not, anytime on the water is good.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Change of Pace. Slow day! - 07/11/20 02:39 PM

Nice post LO. At least you got in some fishing time.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Change of Pace. Slow day! - 07/11/20 04:44 PM

Sound like a great time..... Better bonuses ahead..... Stay At'um
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Change of Pace. Slow day! - 07/11/20 06:04 PM

Nice report Curtis. I think there is a second spawn going on now. Depending how deep you guys were fishing could be the reason for few nice fish. Bigger females might be on nest the bigger males close by. thumb
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Change of Pace. Slow day! - 07/11/20 07:10 PM

Curtis...nice report...waiting for your 1st report from Fayette this year...

Re: Change of Pace. Slow day! - 07/12/20 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Nice report Curtis. I think there is a second spawn going on now. Depending how deep you guys were fishing could be the reason for few nice fish. Bigger females might be on nest the bigger males close by. thumb

Thanks Chuck. We fished shallow, deeper pockets, brush piles, and grass beds. Could not find them. If they were spawning we were not in that area for sure. Plan on going back early fall. woot
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Change of Pace. Slow day! - 07/13/20 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

Thanks Chuck. We fished shallow, deeper pockets, brush piles, and grass beds. Could not find them. If they were spawning we were not in that area for sure. Plan on going back early fall. woot

Keep fishing and good things will happen! coolio

Re: Change of Pace. Slow day! - 07/14/20 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Curtis...nice report...waiting for your 1st report from Fayette this year...

Hopefully soon. Planing a trip with my two friends Jeff and Steve. If Steve goes we will take his boat. If not it's kayak time! Hope to make it out there this month! woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum