Texas Fishing Forum

Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020)

Posted By: Vogey

Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/08/20 06:19 PM

Fayette is in full mode summer patterns. Fished yesterday from daybreak until 5:30. Water temp was 90 degrees & lake level at full pool. Took around 3 & 1/2 hours of video & edited it down to just under 17 minutes. The lighting & sky were perfect for taking video (for a change). Fishing was awesome. Ended up with 2 Catfish, 5 Rios, 4 small bass, 12 Red Ear & over 100 Bluegill. The Bluegill bite has finally returned to the reed beds, as well as rock piles & trees. Overcast skies kept it from getting hot, but the wind was rough from 9am til around 1:30. Video attached...Fayette 7-7-2020
Posted By: catcrew68

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/08/20 08:52 PM

Who needs that other Lake Fayette when the original is so sweet. Nice job Steve!
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/08/20 09:10 PM

Good job. Hope to get my boat back tomorrow with the skeg repaired.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/08/20 09:34 PM

Great post and video Steve. Good job. thumb
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/09/20 12:23 AM

Great video and soundtrack Steve. Got me all charged up to see that sweet little lake near La Grange again !!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/09/20 08:52 PM

As always. Great video and some super slabs. Nicely done!

Side Note: Is there a second spawn going on with the sunnies. I noticed a lot of male Bluegill have been urinating after their catch this past week.

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/09/20 10:37 PM

Curtis...Yes...I think so. I believe it is the medium size ones turn at love...
Tom...how did you damage your skeg ? I have seen those stainless steel covers that they make & look really slick. Is that what you are getting ?
Cat...agree, but a change in scenery is nice sometimes...
Chuck...You need to start making videos ! Would love to see the action at your "secret" spots lizard
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/09/20 10:50 PM

It got repaired last year and the weld broke. The only thing I did last week was to drag the engine in shallow water going into the cattails to retrieve a lure. I went in with the trolling motor. Engine was dragging the soft bottom. I think it was a bad weld. Anyway get the boat back tomorrow and I will be heading somewhere next week.
Posted By: psalty

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/10/20 01:17 AM

Ahoy Mr. Steve- What an awesome video- sound tracks and provision so many variety of species including a few those outside the "panfish" target.
Under such diversity of the bluegill-redear-rio, etc ALL RELEASED- I could imagine all of the C&R group gather to have a virtual choir singing
[font:Lucida Console]" LET FREEDOM RING"[/font]
Thanks again
flag texas
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/10/20 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
Curtis...Yes...I think so. I believe it is the medium size ones turn at love...
Tom...how did you damage your skeg ? I have seen those stainless steel covers that they make & look really slick. Is that what you are getting ?
Cat...agree, but a change in scenery is nice sometimes...
Chuck...You need to start making videos ! Would love to see the action at your "secret" spots lizard

Thanks.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/10/20 04:33 PM

Another FANTASTIC post and video. As always thanks for sharing. As been said many of times over. "Your videos and post sure makes a person want to go fishing". Again nice slabs and a super video.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/10/20 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
As always. Great video and some super slabs. Nicely done!

Side Note: Is there a second spawn going on with the sunnies. I noticed a lot of male Bluegill have been urinating after their catch this past week.

I have been seeing evidence of a second sunfish spawn this past week for sure. Fish on nest , males urinating. It would not surprise me at all if we see two more spawns this year. Another in early August and one more in Mid/Late September! hmmm
Posted By: larryvt

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/11/20 05:15 PM

Vogey,
We finally made it to Fayette on July 6 and played in the wind, and I have a question for you. We had a wonderful time and ended up catching 12 large gills and a bunch of small ones.
In this video, it appears that you may be fishing in the input channel. We fished near the weeds behind you. Not sure but looked like a bunch of large beds there. Also noticed what appeared to be many large beds in several other places.
Please enlighten me. Were these beds? I enjoyed your great video. Thank you.,

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/11/20 07:08 PM

larryvt...Yes, I was fishing the intake area in the second half of the day. I have not fished the reeds or weed beds behind me for bluegill in that area, nor have I looked for beds back in that area. But, it would not surprise me if there were some there. There are beds in different locations all over the lake. The main bed I fish on that side of the lake is about half way between the rip rap and the under water rocks pretty much where my boat is sitting in the video. I didn't actually look for any beds this last trip, but just fished the general areas where I found them in a few months ago. Side note: Are you sure you are not looking at Tilapia beds...those things are EVERYWHERE.
Posted By: larryvt

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/11/20 07:30 PM

Vogey,
Thank you so much. Yes, I bet they are Tilapia beds. Didn't look right for Bluegill beds.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/12/20 12:23 AM

Why doesn't the vid open for me? It ask for account info to One Drive.....

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/12/20 12:37 AM

SK...Don't know...I just clicked on it & it opened up ok...
Posted By: Fordntriton

Re: Summertime on Fayette (7-7-2020) - 07/13/20 03:15 AM

Nice video
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum