Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/02/20 03:30 AM

Trophy Rios are hard to beat. Nice fish. Good job. rockon
Posted By: Bones72

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/02/20 12:16 PM

Those are awesome!!
Posted By: Tommar

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/02/20 02:38 PM

Thanks guys! It was fun doing the nostalgia fishing with my Zebco 33 again. Those Rios actually took some drag!

Gonna submit that big one to TPWD.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/02/20 03:46 PM

Beautiful fish. thumb
Posted By: SK.

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/02/20 04:21 PM

Nice catch...... I've yet to catch one of those.....
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/02/20 04:59 PM

Nice! Love the colors on those fish.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/02/20 06:53 PM

WOW!! A couple of monsters thumb
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/02/20 07:12 PM

Nice! cheers
Posted By: psalty

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/03/20 02:01 PM

Lov'in' them 33's !! Awesome catch my friend !! Happy 4th flag
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/03/20 02:34 PM

Love those Rios. Nice fish.
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/03/20 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Tommar
Thanks guys! It was fun doing the nostalgia fishing with my Zebco 33 again. Those Rios actually took some drag!

Congratulations. Recon that big one is a competitor for both Sate and possibility for the World record: May be short on weight but pretty close.
Wt Length
Cichlid, Rio Grande 2.02 11.10
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/03/20 03:59 PM

Congrats clap Awesome Rios! What was the bait used?

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/03/20 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Catyakker

Congratulations. Recon that big one is a competitor for both Sate and possibility for the World record: May be short on weight but pretty close.
Wt Length
Cichlid, Rio Grande 2.02 11.10

Did you get a certified weight? How much did it weigh? What type of record? Weight, Catch&Release,water body, or state? Again awesome fish.
Posted By: Flags

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/03/20 08:19 PM

Getting into some big Rios is on my bucket list. Perhaps I could swap a trip. Trade a gill trip on Athens for a Rio trip? But if someone did Athens they would need either a kayak or a float tube. I can't haul 2 people in my tube.

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/04/20 12:16 AM

I don’t know the weight so it’ll be a water body catch and release length record. I think I saw the state record as 11.75” so it’s close but not quite.

And Bankers bait of champions of course! I actually have the catch on video!

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/04/20 04:07 AM

I don’t know the weight so it’ll be a water body catch and release length record. I think I saw the state record as 11.75” so it’s close but not quite.

And Bankers bait of champions of course! I actually have the catch on video!

Those Rios are true Trophies. Records or not they are great fish. The C&R State Record will be close. However I bet the water body where you caught it on, that fish would easily be the new C&R water body record. coolio
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/04/20 01:22 PM

Nice fish Tommar and congratulations on the pending record(s). Good job . woot

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/04/20 04:03 PM

State record 11.75” San Marcos River, 2015 so it’s a little short for that. No big deal. I submitted the bluegill and redbreast I caught this spring for this water body already. Watch out, Banker!

roflmao just kidding!

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/04/20 04:57 PM

State record 11.75” San Marcos River, 2015 so it’s a little short for that. No big deal. I submitted the bluegill and redbreast I caught this spring for this water body already. Watch out, Banker!

roflmao just kidding!

Chuck would be the first to say "That Records are Made To be Broken" !
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/04/20 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done

roflmao just kidding!

Chuck would be the first to say "That Records are Made To be Broken" !

Yea, but the problem with Chuck's records, is the he sets the bar so high, a fella just grows old where he can't hardly get up and down the banks, to even comes close. eek2

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/04/20 06:32 PM

roflmao just kidding!

Go get em Sir! Hopefully one of these days we can meet up and do some fishing! cheers

Side Note: Rick aka Catyakker: As long as we are catching fish "Life is Good" ! thumb

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/05/20 01:28 PM

Would love to fish with you, Banker. Next time you’re at Falcon let me know for sure. When I’m in Georgetown for a long trip and I have a couple days available maybe I can hit up your spots with you around San Antonio.

Re: Trophy Rios! - 07/05/20 06:30 PM

Would love to fish with you, Banker. Next time you’re at Falcon let me know for sure. When I’m in Georgetown for a long trip and I have a couple days available maybe I can hit up your spots with you around San Antonio.

We will make it happen for sure! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum