Texas Fishing Forum

Crawfish Bite

Posted By: jagg

Crawfish Bite - 05/13/20 10:12 PM

Well, the fish are definitely eating craws on this stretch of the Upper Guad. You’ll see why I say that in this vid. Nice little float trip for us. Y’all be safe!
Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: Crawfish Bite - 05/13/20 10:52 PM

That looks like a whole lot of fun!
Posted By: psalty

Re: Crawfish Bite - 05/14/20 01:04 AM

Once again an enjoyable varied "bream" & guest guads
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Crawfish Bite - 05/14/20 01:58 AM

Living the dream Torry. Neat video and thanks for sharing. cheers
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Crawfish Bite - 05/14/20 12:23 PM

Thanks for the vid. That is such pretty country there.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Crawfish Bite - 05/14/20 12:44 PM

Good times for sure. Enjoyed the video and as always thanks for sharing. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Crawfish Bite - 05/15/20 11:46 AM

Nice looking place to fish. Enjoyed the video Jagg!
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Crawfish Bite - 05/15/20 05:24 PM

Great stuff SunnyT. SunnyK has it made. You do all the paddling, She just gets to fish. I'm jealous grin

My favorite fly that I use about 80% of the time for sunfish is what I call my "Crawfish Briminator". I catch everything on it.

Crawfish patterns are awesome. I've been doing some experimentation on a bigger pattern, especially for those Guads. I actually catch the biggest guads when fishing the San Gabriel.

Re: Crawfish Bite - 05/16/20 05:47 AM

Thanks for the comments and the support everybody! Definitely living the dream. Sometimes the wife has to drag me out to the water to get some footage! Nice problem to have! wink

Re: Crawfish Bite - 05/16/20 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by J-Moe
Great stuff SunnyT. SunnyK has it made. You do all the paddling, She just gets to fish. I'm jealous grin

My favorite fly that I use about 80% of the time for sunfish is what I call my "Crawfish Briminator". I catch everything on it.

Crawfish patterns are awesome. I've been doing some experimentation on a bigger pattern, especially for those Guads. I actually catch the biggest guads when fishing the San Gabriel.

Yes Sir. She gets a front row seat to the scenery, first cast to the different spots and doesn’t have to worry about paddling or boat control. Must be nice!
thumb

I have seen a few ties of the crawfish briminator and they look superb and I’ve seen them pull in sunfish even after they were chewed beyond recognition. I wouldn’t mind having a few jigs tied on similar patterns. Like you said J-Moe, the Guads definitely chew on Guads pretty consistently. Haven’t been up to the San Gabe yet but it’s on the list. Wanting to try some more crawfish patterns tomorrow if we’re not rained out. Will let y’all know what happens!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum