Texas Fishing Forum

Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020

Posted By: Vogey

Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/12/20 08:52 PM

Fished from daybreak until 5:30. Water temp dropped from last week from low 80s to mid to high 70s this week. Water level at full pool. Ended up with around twenty bass & a hundred or so sunfish of various types. It was pretty chilly (57 degrees) when I first got there but warmed up nicely. Wind did not really pick up until mid afternoon. Shot a lot of video, and here are the highlights...Fayette 5-11-2020
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/12/20 10:00 PM

Looks like it was an awesome day on the water ! That was a beauty of a female bluegill you caught
and showed at the end. Still hoping to go Friday if the rain doesn't keep us off.

P.S. Great intro ! Thought you were going to have to get a bigger boat for a minute on that first fish grin
Posted By: psalty

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/12/20 10:32 PM

Thanks Vogey- Looks like awesome time with the lite stuff especially them jumpin' bass. thumb
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/12/20 11:47 PM

Another great day and report. Didn't look too crowded. Very many boats on the water?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/13/20 12:37 AM

Awesome post Steve! Good job on your video! Looks like the sunnies have moved in the reeds! You also caught as always some SUPER SLABS!. cheers

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/13/20 01:35 AM

BILLS...It was pretty busy in the AM...But afternoon was not too bad. It's kind of getting back to normal.
Chuck & Jamie...The gills have not returned to the reed beds yet like past years...I spent about an hour and a half trying and only caught a few small ones plus some bass.

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/13/20 03:43 AM

Thanks Steve! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/13/20 11:56 AM

Another fine post and some SOLID SLABS not to mention a SUPER video form the "Master of Fayette"! Good job Vogey! woot

Side Note: Is the spawn still on in Fayette? noidea

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/13/20 01:30 PM

Curtis...I would say that the bass spawn is over, but the sunfish spawn off and on all summer...they are for sure on the beds now...
Posted By: cellis

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/13/20 02:39 PM

Congrats on your day. Really nice video, too thumb
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/13/20 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
BILLS...It was pretty busy in the AM...But afternoon was not too bad. It's kind of getting back to normal.
Chuck & Jamie...The gills have not returned to the reed beds yet like past years...I spent about an hour and a half trying and only caught a few small ones plus some bass.

Thanks Vogey,
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/14/20 12:52 PM

Curtis...I would say that the bass spawn is over, but the sunfish spawn off and on all summer...they are for sure on the beds now...

Thanks Vogey. I am starting to believe that on certain water bodies that the sunnies spawn all throughout spring through fall! Just my 2cents
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/14/20 01:32 PM

Like as been said many of times in the past. Your videos make people want to to fishing. Enjoyed the video and thanks for sharing. Awesome job Vogey!

Side Note: Looks like you had the lake all to yourself. How was the boat traffic?
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/14/20 09:22 PM

Nice video Vogey! clap
Posted By: Bug-e

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/14/20 09:26 PM

Fantastic stuff! It's been about 30 years since I went on fishing trip where I targeted bluegills. You and the others on the bluegill forum have inspired me to invest more fishing time on those little bad boys. I've dusted off my old ultralight gear and ordered some gulp alive minnows and drop shot tackle. thumb

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/14/20 09:26 PM

Curtis...I don't know about other water bodies, but on Fayette they do spawn off & on all summer.

Gitter...It was pretty busy early, but in the afternoon it really cleared out a lot...I guess a lot of people fish half days...

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/14/20 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bug-e
Fantastic stuff! It's been about 30 years since I went on fishing trip where I targeted bluegills. You and the others on the bluegill forum have inspired me to invest more fishing time on those little bad boys. I've dusted off my old ultralight gear and ordered some gulp alive minnows and drop shot tackle. thumb

You will not wrong. Nothing beats catching a Bluegill Slab on ultra light tackle! cheers

Side Note: Not to mention they are SUPER GOOD eating! thumb
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/15/20 01:39 AM

Yep that is what I experienced today. Lake is getting back to normal as far as traffic through the week. I welcome the hot humid weather. Keeps the boat numbers in check. By the way I saw the LCRA Warden there the first time in 5 years. I gave him a polite earful about the cast netters. Saw him with his ticket book out but I doubt even with him writing tickets that the cast netters will care.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/15/20 11:45 AM

Curtis...I don't know about other water bodies, but on Fayette they do spawn off & on all summer.

Gitter...It was pretty busy early, but in the afternoon it really cleared out a lot...I guess a lot of people fish half days...

Thanks Vogey. A very good friend of mine who fishes at Braunig a lot says everyday is a Saturday!

Re: Jaws 5 or Fayette county Lake 5-11-2020 - 05/16/20 05:42 PM

Keep in mind that Fayette is a power plant lake. Based on my personal own experiences spawning and just general patterns are different on power plant lakes compared to regular water bodies. Just my two cents. 2cents
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum