Texas Fishing Forum

Mill creek canton

Posted By: Ricky87

Mill creek canton - 04/24/20 09:27 PM

Has any one gill fished it if so is there any good ones thanks for info
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Mill creek canton - 04/25/20 02:48 AM

If you do not get any information here I would fish it anyway. Like a very good friend of mine always says. "You don't know if you don't go"! cheers Good luck and let us know how you do if you go! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Mill creek canton - 04/25/20 12:27 PM

Look for them in shallow water. The spawn is on! Never fished your area but hope you find some. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Mill creek canton - 04/25/20 02:16 PM

Hope you find them. Let us know. Love reading post from different water bodies.

Re: Mill creek canton - 04/25/20 06:45 PM

Did pretty good ended up with 10 keepers with 1 decent shellcracker and 7 crappie had 30 or so throwbacks fun day. I will be taking my 2yr old son in morning he has been wanting to go I'm ready
Posted By: Flags

Re: Mill creek canton - 04/25/20 07:50 PM

I always wanted to try it but have a hard time not hitting Athens when I am back there. I think it would be a really good lake from my float tube especially along that long bank near the tower. May have to try it this summer after I get out of the Amarillo area.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Mill creek canton - 04/25/20 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ricky87
Did pretty good ended up with 10 keepers with 1 decent shellcracker and 7 crappie had 30 or so throwbacks fun day. I will be taking my 2yr old son in morning he has been wanting to go I'm ready

Glad you had a good day! thumb

Re: Mill creek canton - 04/25/20 10:52 PM

Yea flags we are going to athebs tomorrow I've never gill fished it I have crappie fished it an did real good I searched today at mill for beds an couldn't find any found some brush in 2 to 3ft of water next to some grass an that's where they are, any pointers for athen

Thanks
Posted By: Flags

Re: Mill creek canton - 04/26/20 01:52 PM

For Athens hit the boathouses if you have a way to get to them. The ones close to the boat ramp get pounded so if you have a boat go up or down the lake a bit. I get a lot of really big gills fishing a small piece of crawler on a 1/64th oz unpainted jig head. I just pitch it out and let it sink while twitching it ever so slightly. Sometimes I even go weightless and just fish a piece of crawler on a wire hook. Get some Bobby Garland Baby Shad in bluegrass and pitch it around the boathouses for crappie. Sometimes when I do that I tie a dropper loop and put a wire hook on it with a piece of crawler for gills and can catch gills and crappie at the same time and every once in awhile a good catfish will hit the worm as well.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Mill creek canton - 04/26/20 02:13 PM

Awesome! woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Mill creek canton - 04/26/20 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One

Awesome! woot

Plus #1.

Re: Mill creek canton - 04/27/20 04:21 PM

Thanks flags yes I have a boat so I may do that soon. Thanks for the advice
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum