Texas Fishing Forum

Target Gills

Posted By: SK.

Target Gills - 04/21/20 12:41 AM

Yeah gave the crappie a break besides it's almost time for gills anyway....

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Target Gills - 04/21/20 02:36 AM

My kind of fishing! Love that Bluegill action. Enjoyed the video and thanks for sharing some good information. Also good job on changing up tackle and finding nice fish. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Target Gills - 04/21/20 01:31 PM

Enjoyed the video SK! You Sir are living the dream making Crappie and Bluegill Videos. As always thanks for sharing. woot
Posted By: psalty

Re: Target Gills - 04/21/20 03:01 PM

bump

Re: Target Gills - 04/21/20 07:22 PM

Thanks y'all.....
Glad to hear y'all enjoyed it!

Banker these gills are almost as picky if not more than crappie when using jigs.....
The water is usually super clear and I had thought about weather my normal leader I use for crappie would be too big for them in this lake.
Earlier before I started recording and before the sun had gotten up the bite was fairly good then they just shut off.....
I made several changes on jig color without any results and figured the only thing left was them seeing the 12lb mono leader I always use for crappie..... That was the ticket....
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Target Gills - 04/22/20 03:12 PM

Always enjoy your videos SK! Lot's of good fishing information given, not to mention you catch some very nice fish!

Side Note: What caused that "BIG BLAST" at the start of your video? "Bass"?

Re: Target Gills - 04/22/20 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Always enjoy your videos SK! Lot's of good fishing information given, not to mention you catch some very nice fish!

There were two big gators, looked to be a female and a giant male..... The female gator had been there when I fished it earlier and my last round to that spot she had her boyfriend with her.....
Thanks!
Posted By: F4 Gator

Re: Target Gills - 04/22/20 06:07 PM

SK -- again thanks for the video. thumb

I had a good day yesterday chasing fish around. Big bluegill and redears on light tackle was a blast!
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jagg

Re: Target Gills - 04/22/20 06:42 PM

Sweet Vid SK! Big ole gator!!

Re: Target Gills - 04/27/20 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by F4Gator
SK -- again thanks for the video. thumb

I had a good day yesterday chasing fish around. Big bluegill and redears on light tackle was a blast!
[Linked Image]

Awesome..... beautiful fish for sure....

Re: Target Gills - 04/27/20 11:03 PM

I've got a vid coming up where the biggest gator I've seen there held his ground while I tried fishing a bed he was setting on..... Then I missed some awesome footage that I'll explain in the upcoming vid....
Thanks
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Target Gills - 05/06/20 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by SK.
Originally Posted by Gitter Done

There were two big gators, looked to be a female and a giant male..... The female gator had been there when I fished it earlier and my last round to that spot she had her boyfriend with her.....
Thanks!

They had to BIG ONES! OMG
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum