Texas Fishing Forum

Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans?

Posted By: Gitter Done

Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/26/20 12:47 PM

How has the Corona Virus affected your fishing schedule? noidea
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/26/20 01:03 PM

Well, I'm pretty much shut down. Not because I'm so worried about CV but the wife is. She gets pretty paranoid about any diseases. And as I tell the kids, I am at Covid-19 alarm level 1 and she is at Covid-19 alarm level 5.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/26/20 03:43 PM

I got plenty of fishing done last week. I was able to fish a lot during early to Mid-March. Right now I am not going to fish until the CV. is declared under control or the threat of getting it goes way down. I am in great health but I am also a lung cancer survivor! I need to take the extra precautions. Staying home but taking some short walks outside.
Posted By: TomRom

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/26/20 06:06 PM

I am going but I am following the guidance and am going alone. I got a couple of buddies that I occasionally take with me but I am not asking them. We discussed going and have not been around anybody except our respective spouse for more than 2 weeks. But we think we need to do our part and abide by the rules.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/26/20 06:58 PM

I am still fishing like usual. The high water has affected my fishing more than the virus.
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/26/20 08:50 PM

Still going once a week and plan on continuing unless the lake closes. I also plan on fishing alone for a while...
Posted By: SeanV14

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/27/20 02:17 AM

Missed a day because Amistad was closed.

Gonna' fish this weekend. Planning a trip with Stan in a week or so....

So missed one day due to stupidity, otherwise no.

sb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/27/20 10:07 AM

Still fishing but not as much! bang
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/28/20 01:24 PM

Public waters in my area are predicted to be locked down soon. At least I have many backwater ponds and lakes where I rarely see anyone and that don't have controlled access by a gov. agency. It doesn't make sense to keep out solo boater/ anglers that get close to no one while shore fishing or from a boat. Most of my fishing is solo or if fishing with a friend, we take separate vehicles and keep our distance anyway for fishing our own areas. Doubt this mess will be cleaned up by Dec.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/28/20 03:37 PM

Not by much. Fishing from a kayak I am always way more than six feet apart. I do have to start fishing close to home. Work schedule is fixing to change. The road trips are going to have to wait.
It will be work and sleep with hopefully a local fishing trip in between! coolio
Posted By: jagg

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/28/20 05:03 PM

Changed my plans quite a bit! All the parks in New Braunsfels are closed. I think the State Parks are shut down. It very much limits my spots I normally go to. Gonna have to try some spots I was told about this Winter.

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/28/20 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by jagg
Changed my plans quite a bit! All the parks in New Braunsfels are closed. I think the State Parks are shut down. It very much limits my spots I normally go to. Gonna have to try some spots I was told about this Winter.

You will not go wrong! thumb
Posted By: WillieRip

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/28/20 11:11 PM

Yup. Totally shut down here. Still gonna make videos here at the house.
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/29/20 04:52 AM

Still going once a week. But at the same time practicing strict social distancing.

Fred and I fished together at Fayette this past week but we went in
separate vehicles and met at the ramp. Fred didn't want to ride
in the pickup bed. grin
Posted By: 603Country

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/29/20 11:01 PM

Wife and I are fishing more than we were. Not exactly filling the boat with fish though.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/29/20 11:05 PM

Yes I live 2 miles from the Cedar Hill State Park and it is closed due to the virus

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/29/20 11:31 PM

Well the President just announced that we are going to have to keep the social distancing guidelines until April 30th and continue with the current shutdown of business. I fished Fayette last week during the week by myself. My two fishing buddies understood when I decided to go alone. I would have taken my wife but she does not like to fish. Most boats only had one person in them and were doing their part. I saw a couple of local guides have clients with them and you can make your own judgement about that. We are going to just have to tough things out until this passes. I hope Fayette and other Texas lakes stay open. Maybe they will if we all follow the recommendations.

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/30/20 12:01 AM

Some of the places I fish have not had a human being anywhere around in a very very long time!! Talk about "Social Distancing"! hide2
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/30/20 12:54 AM

I went to Wheeler Branch today and there were lots of kayaks on the lake. I talked to the workers and there were not planning to close at this time, but that could change.

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/30/20 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
I went to Wheeler Branch today and there were lots of kayaks on the lake. I talked to the workers and there were not planning to close at this time, but that could change.

There are a lot of water bodies that are border line closing! I would call ahead to make sure ramps and access are open! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/30/20 04:39 AM

Schedule at work changes for me. Now working one day on and one day off. This will remain in affect until the Corona Virus get's under control. Hope to fish local spots. No long road trips for me. bang

Side Note: At least I have a secured job! Thank God for that! angel2

Re: Has the Corona Virus Changed Your Fishing Plans? - 03/30/20 12:39 PM

Laker One good for you on your job situation. that has to be a stress reliever for you and your family. There of course are so many that don't and will have to try to find work when this is over. Also there are a lot of people like me that are in their retirement years and will also have to make life changing choices as this drags on.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum