Texas Fishing Forum

Your Go To Color Soft Plastic?

Posted By: Laker One

Your Go To Color Soft Plastic? - 02/21/20 02:47 PM

What is your "Go To" color(s) soft plastic bait? noidea
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Your Go To Color Soft Plastic? - 02/21/20 03:56 PM

For bass...7.5" Culprit... tequila shad color. For sunfish 1" Gulp Alive minnow...chartreuse shad or watermelon pearl color. Not sure if Gulp Alive is considered plastic, but it's kind of "plastic like".
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Your Go To Color Soft Plastic? - 02/21/20 04:42 PM

Chartreuse and Water Mellon. Great fish catching colors.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Your Go To Color Soft Plastic? - 02/21/20 11:32 PM

Chartreuse and Black work well for me when I use a soft plastic or a jig! thumb

Side Note: If you count Gulp Alive Worms as a soft plastic then Brown would be my color of choice. hooked
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Your Go To Color Soft Plastic? - 02/22/20 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Chartreuse and Black work well for me when I use a soft plastic or a jig! thumb

Side Note: If you count Gulp Alive Worms as a soft plastic then Brown would be my color of choice. hooked

Banker sure made a believer out of me. Those Gulp Worms really work, not as good as the Bait of Champions, but they're great in a pinch.

bouncy
Posted By: jagg

Re: Your Go To Color Soft Plastic? - 02/23/20 06:55 PM

My go to color lately has definitely been the Avocado Glitter by Charlie Brewer. Over all I’m a big fan of greens, greens with different flake and brown and yellow combos. I also have good catches on smoke colors like “bluegill “ which is blue smoke body with a clear smoke tail with gold flake throughout. I love white when I’m fishing beds or sight casting.
Posted By: SenkoSam

Re: Your Go To Color Soft Plastic? - 02/24/20 12:59 PM

Pearl is good much of the time but boring; solid opaque colors don't do it for me - prefer translucent colors for any soft plastic that allow light to pass through; flakes are nice especially in low light; fluorescent color laminates do well.

Posted By: Laker One

Re: Your Go To Color Soft Plastic? - 02/25/20 01:57 PM

Chartreuse by far is my go to color. It goes good with a many other colors also. hooked
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum