Texas Fishing Forum

Still Catching Some Trout!

Posted By: Laker One

Still Catching Some Trout! - 02/14/20 12:25 PM

My trout spot is still paying off! Myself and good friend Jeff pounded out a limit yesterday. Took three hours.

Fish are still hitting the Gold Super Duper!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Still Catching Some Trout! - 02/14/20 02:27 PM

Nice fish. Thanks for the report.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Still Catching Some Trout! - 02/14/20 05:42 PM

Nice fish Laker. Good job guys.

Side Note: What is the latest month when you were still catching trout?
Posted By: pop r

Re: Still Catching Some Trout! - 02/15/20 03:04 AM

Well done! thumb

Re: Still Catching Some Trout! - 02/15/20 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done
Nice fish Laker. Good job guys.

Side Note: What is the latest month when you were still catching trout?

Gitter: I have caught stocked Rainbow trout all the way into early April! woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Still Catching Some Trout! - 02/15/20 03:57 PM

Thanks Laker! I have been told that some parts of the Guadalupe hold trout year around! I have actually seen reports from several different outdoor magazines of them being caught during the summer !
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Still Catching Some Trout! - 02/15/20 04:34 PM

In past years, I've caught many on dry fly Caddis pattern near the third crossing in July. Don't believe it when you hear that the Guad below Canyon is put and take fishery. They are reproducing as I have caught several 3-4 inchers from the Dam to the third crossing. I even caught nice rainbows between the tubers on Pheasant tail nymph patterns. Tubers don't bother the fish as much as the fisherman. (I had one nice bow jump into the lap of a nice young lady floating in a tube. She sure didn't stay in the tube long, and I sincerely apologised while laughing my ..... off roflmao)
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Still Catching Some Trout! - 02/16/20 01:37 AM

Always love seeing those trout post. As mentioned above some areas just below the trail race hold trout all year long. I personally have friends of mine who fish the Guadalupe during the summer months for Rainbow Trout! Most of those spots are controlled access by various trout organizations who have put in points leased year around. Also those areas have special laws that are strictly enforced. thumb

Re: Still Catching Some Trout! - 02/16/20 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Always love seeing those trout post. As mentioned above some areas just below the trail race hold trout all year long. I personally have friends of mine who fish the Guadalupe during the summer months for Rainbow Trout! Most of those spots are controlled access by various trout organizations who have put in points leased year around. Also those areas have special laws that are strictly enforced. thumb

The areas you are talking about are "Trophy Zones"! The law and it's rules are clearly stated in the TPW Manuel. woot

Side Note: You are right about the access points on the river in the areas of the Trophy Zones. Unless you have a kayak it would be very hard to get into the river.
How ever some of the areas have public camp grounds where you can pay for a day use pass. woot
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Still Catching Some Trout! - 02/17/20 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

The areas you are talking about are "Trophy Zones"! The law and it's rules are clearly stated in the TPW Manuel. woot

Side Note: You are right about the access points on the river in the areas of the Trophy Zones. Unless you have a kayak it would be very hard to get into the river.
How ever some of the areas have public camp grounds where you can pay for a day use pass. woot

Myself and a friend of mine checked out a couple of river camps along river road and camp employees stated the trout bite is year around. Day pass fees were not that bad. Might give it a try this summer!
hmmm

Re: Still Catching Some Trout! - 02/28/20 03:03 PM

Lazy L&L has a all access pass on their river access areas and camp sites. I know they have a daily pass. Not sure if they have a yearly pass. hmmm
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Still Catching Some Trout! - 02/28/20 04:06 PM

Nice! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum