Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie,Gills, and Trout Stocking Report.

Posted By: Laker One

Crappie,Gills, and Trout Stocking Report. - 12/21/19 01:52 PM

Still catching good numbers of fall Crappie and Bluegills. Fished a south central Texas river this past Wednesday at several marked brush piles and the bite was good. Fish are in 16 to 20 feet of water.
Myself and fishing pal Steve also marked a ledge in 14 feet of water and took off several nice crappie there. Found fish by a couple of docks in 16 feet of water. Crappie Magnet Jigs, Chartreuse/Pink and Chartreuse/Black
Got the best results. All fish were released. woot

Trout Stocking: Fished a Trout Stocking on the Guadalupe River Friday. A light rain fell the whole time me and fishing buddy Jeff were fishing. I was using my four weight fly rod and Jeff was using ultralight tackle
with a Gold Super Duper. We caught a bunch of trout and kept 10 (five each) for the dinner table. Red Sinking Lady Bug got very good results. Also got good results using a Yellow Dragon Fly. hooked
Posted By: BillS2006

Re: Crappie,Gills, and Trout Stocking Report. - 12/21/19 02:44 PM

Good report! I have high hopes my wife's rehab progresses enough for me to get out and try some of those rainbows.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Crappie,Gills, and Trout Stocking Report. - 12/21/19 03:12 PM

Excellent report. Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Crappie,Gills, and Trout Stocking Report. - 12/21/19 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Osbornfishing
Excellent report. Thanks for sharing. thumb

Plus #1.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Crappie,Gills, and Trout Stocking Report. - 12/21/19 05:09 PM

Great report Curtis. I fished a Hill Country stocking and did well despite the steady light rain that fell the whole time. Thank god for the rain gear. thumb

Side Note: How was the crowd? hmmm
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Crappie,Gills, and Trout Stocking Report. - 12/24/19 02:22 PM

Crowds are large but where I fish there are not that many anglers there. woot
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Crappie,Gills, and Trout Stocking Report. - 01/01/20 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One
Crowds are large but where I fish there are not that many anglers there. woot

To me the crowds seem much bigger than last year at Guadalupe stockings. Thanks Curtis, thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum