Texas Fishing Forum

Deep in the Hart of Texas!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 11/28/19 03:31 AM

Had the privilege and opportunity to fish in some of God's Country located "Deep in the Hart of Texas"! Myself, Rick aka Catyakker, and Steve fished a good friend of mine's ranch. My friend Mark, is one of Universal City's Finest who I have worked with and known for over 37 years. His ranch is covered with plenty of Post Oaks and Mesquite Trees. There are also two deep stock ponds on his ranch. He shares his ranch with a bunch of very friendly Longhorns, a couple of horses, and his dog Lucy. He is living the dream on a piece of God's Great Land! We caught a couple of Bluegill and Greens. We also caught some catfish. A few of the catfish were kept for the dinner table. Had a nice visit and hope to get him to put a nice Bluegill Pond on his ranch. Fishing a piece of God's Country deep in the Hart of Texas. It just don't get any better! fish

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Catyakker

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 11/28/19 03:45 AM

Now that was an real experience. Especially after Mark related all the cattle were real friendly, but he didn't trust the Bull much. And there that humongous critter was, standing right behind me not two feet away. I guess I smelt pretty friendly, he sure seemed fond of me. Dang that was sure some pretty country, and all the Longhorns seemed to take you back over 150 years. Many thanks to Mark for sharing his wonderful ranch. soldier
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 11/28/19 01:20 PM

Cool...catfish & steaks farmer

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 11/28/19 03:15 PM

Thanks Vogey and Rick for the replies. cheers Rick: I do not think you can claim that Steer for a water body record! hammer He sure was taking a liking to you! partyon
Posted By: dallee

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 11/29/19 02:47 AM

Next time, post the bull riding competition pics as well please.

Glad you all had a good time and enjoyed yourselves.

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 11/29/19 11:10 AM

Thanks dallee for the reply. cheers As for the Bull Riding event I think I will pass on that one! scared
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 12/01/19 03:42 AM

Looks like fun was had by all banananice post Chuck!
Posted By: pop r

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 12/02/19 12:44 AM

Well done guys! cheers
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 12/02/19 02:51 PM

Great post Chuck. I think i wouldve been kinda nervous around them longhorns. They're beautiful animals though. thumb
Posted By: jaymzinsa

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 12/04/19 04:30 PM

T-bones on the hoof! Great looking animals, I'm jealous you guys got to fish with some living history. You're right pot licker, even if they're the tamest beasts ever a misplaced hoof or head shake could cause serious problems. I fished a ranch with a brahma raised like a dog. Came right up on us thinking our tackle box was a lunch box, wasn't aggressive just wanted a snack and was licking us all over the place but he pinned my buddy against the truck bruising his ribs and stepped on his foot breaking 2 toes. After that whenever we fished there we always took some apples or carrots to throw and keep him occupied. Sucked for my buddy at the time but we always cry laughing now when we talk about that story.

Btw, that first cat looks like a blue. If so what a cool honey hole, gotta be some monsters in that tank.

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 12/16/19 04:56 AM

Thanks Leo,Pop R, Yesenia,and jaymzinsa for the replies. cheers Jaymzinsa: Yes Sir it is a very nice delight fishing with some Texas History close by! texas Yesenia: Friendly animals for sure but you really have to give them a lot of respect! Very unpredictable. juggle
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 12/19/19 02:55 PM

Great post Chuck. Mark has a nice ranch. Love those Long Horns!

Side Note: Those are Blue Cats you guys are holding. Did you catch any channels?

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 12/25/19 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done

Side Note: Those are Blue Cats you guys are holding. Did you catch any channels?

Yes we also caught some Channels and a few Bullhead ! cheers Thanks for the reply! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 01/01/20 04:02 PM

That looks like a neat place. Pond fishing is hard to beat. Nice fish guys. woot

Side Note: Any of the sunfish have size? noidea

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 01/07/20 11:09 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers The sunfish were small. 4 to 5 inches. breakdance
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 01/19/20 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers The sunfish were small. 4 to 5 inches. breakdance

May be some bigger ones in those ponds! Love those Ranch Ponds! woot

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 01/27/20 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Laker One

May be some bigger ones in those ponds! Love those Ranch Ponds! woot

thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 02/03/20 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Gitter Done

Yes we also caught some Channels and a few Bullhead ! cheers Thanks for the reply! thumb

Thanks Chuck. Seems those ponds were well stocked!

Re: Deep in the Hart of Texas! - 02/11/20 04:28 AM

Yes they are very well stocked with some nice catfish! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum