Texas Fishing Forum

Tough Fishing today

Posted By: dallee

Tough Fishing today - 11/23/19 11:34 PM

Well behind this front and in the cool NE Texas weather, the fishing was a little tougher for sure.

My fishing partner (Nightmare) hung in there with me and was more excited about the fish we pulled out than I was.

All fish were around this same size, like 4&1/2 to 5 inch mostly.

I did get to try out my new G-Loomis 7 & 1/2 foot ultralight rod. It is for sure the most sensitive rod I've ever had. Every tiny little bump was felt with relative ease. I really like it.

On another note, I posted here a wile back ago having trouble with hook swollowing and today I fished a nightcrawler on a 1/64th ounce jig head. Not a single problem. Worked great.

At least I'm fishing.

[Linked Image]Nightmare Fish Pic by Texasrimfirenut, on Flickr
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Tough Fishing today - 11/24/19 12:39 AM

Nice post. Love your fishing buddy! thumb

Side Note: The colder it gets the deeper the fish will be. cheers
Posted By: Vogey

Re: Tough Fishing today - 11/24/19 12:44 AM

dallee...That is one cool pic...love the expression on the pups face...I have a G-Loomis rod (the shorter one) and it is my favorite...the bad news is I boke it in half 3 trips ago. I did try & fix it using pieces of an old rod...will post at some time in the future if the fix was successful...
Posted By: dallee

Re: Tough Fishing today - 11/24/19 03:32 AM

That's a bummer Vogey. I'd be pretty upset if I broke my $300 rod. Wonder if they'd repair it for a fair price?
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Tough Fishing today - 11/24/19 03:32 PM

Good times are what it is all about. By the looks of the picture there were some good memories made. Nice post.

Side Note: Glad you were able to solve the hook swallowing problem . woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Tough Fishing today - 11/24/19 06:07 PM

Enjoyed the post,especially the picture. Looks like a great time.

Side Note: I know the feeling quite well as for breaking a rod! bang
Posted By: jagg

Re: Tough Fishing today - 11/24/19 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Vogey
dallee...That is one cool pic...love the expression on the pups face...I have a G-Loomis rod (the shorter one) and it is my favorite...the bad news is I boke it in half 3 trips ago. I did try & fix it using pieces of an old rod...will post at some time in the future if the fix was successful...

flame flame
NOOO!!!!

It does happen, but still stinks!!
Posted By: jaymzinsa

Re: Tough Fishing today - 12/04/19 05:06 PM

Great pic, I miss my fishing companion.
Posted By: Fish Chaser

Re: Tough Fishing today - 12/05/19 04:04 PM

Dan, you have been excommunicated from the International Association of Snobbish Fly-Fishing Only Fishermen.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum